FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who's watching the British Open?  (Read 2855 times)

slipbob

Who's watching the British Open?
« on: Jul 13, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Anybody here plan on catching the coverage for the Open championship this week?  What's nice is it's live here in the mornings which makes it easy to watch on the weekend.  A little coffee and some great golf.  Any picks?   My choice is unlikely but it's Goosen as he is playing very well and can handle the pressure of a major. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Who's watching the British Open?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2004, 07:17 PM »
I'm still looking for Ernie to put a hurtin' on the competition.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

slipbob

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2004, 04:02 PM »
I'm still looking for Ernie to put a hurtin' on the competition.

RG

Big Ernie is a equal pick with the oddmakers this week.  I would expect a top 5 finish out of him for sure.  I would also like to see Thomas Bjorn get his due after that bunker mishap last year where he handed the title to Ben Curtis who will never win anything ever again.  More favorites of mine are Padraig Harrington and Darren Clarke.  These two guys are real familiar with the links golf game. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2004, 05:46 PM »
I kinda like the "Unknown Heroes" who win....It's what open play is all about. Any player who's got an "A" game going .....stays out of jail off the tee......gets a few good chips and putts his tail off, can win.

The penalties for inaccuracy level the field, with a few notable exceptions.

Keeps the big names on their toes.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2004, 05:47 PM »
I kinda like the "Unknown Heroes" who win....It's what open play is all about. Any player who's got an "A" game going .....stays out of jail off the tee......gets a few good chips and putts his tail off, can win.

The penalties for inaccuracy level the field, with a few notable exceptions.

Keeps the big names on their toes.

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.