FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New to Rapid  (Read 1965 times)

Big Al 1

New to Rapid
« on: Sep 13, 2011, 09:52 PM »
I just moved to Rapid City from Wyoming to attend South Dakota School of Mines. I have poked around the South Dakota thread in the last couple days just to get a feel for the fishing. I have been fly fishing a lot after class below Canyon Lake. I also do my fare share of walking on water once winter sets in. I cant wait to exchange tips and tactics with each of you. Happy fishing everyone.

nodakbassmaster

Re: New to Rapid
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2011, 01:44 AM »
Welcome! This place is pretty slow sometimes (well usually...) most of us who do only check in here and there because of that. I attend SDSMT myself, as do a couple other members. Once the water gets harder, check out iceshanty.com as well for reports and such!  8)
-Richard

08 Lund Tyee 1850 Gran Sport

Big Al 1

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2011, 08:20 PM »
I am also a frequent flyer to ice shanty. So I will definitely be involved. Also I have noticed that it is slow around here.

Jynx

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2011, 01:20 AM »
We need to get an ice fishing club together for the school, there are way too many people that want to go with.

Jynx

nodakbassmaster

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2011, 02:21 AM »
That'd be cool, but we are all pretty busy! I'd for sure be game. Give me another reason to go out! At least maybe a meet-up at the Sheridan tourny this year? I know there were a few of us up there last year but didn't get to run into any of them...

I'm easy to find, I'll be in or at least below the big 5th wheel in the back corner of the lot. Gold Dodge truck by the camper and a bright red eskimo shack and yellow Can Am four wheeler on the ice.
-Richard

08 Lund Tyee 1850 Gran Sport

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.