FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BULLS  (Read 25918 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: BULLS
« Reply #60 on: Aug 03, 2004, 04:04 PM »
"The Spot"  would be a place to try any new lure for gills.  Will do Todd.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #61 on: Aug 05, 2004, 06:31 AM »
What's a Scud?

Yeah, what Bobberstop said! ;D  Here is a link I grabbed from another thread.

http://www.westfly.com/patterns/wet/scud.shtml
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #62 on: Aug 22, 2004, 02:13 PM »
A scud is a member of the crustacean family if I am correct.

And I actually don't think there are any scuds in my big bluegill lake. There are a lot of dragonfly hatches that always go on their though and I think the bluegill get big by feasting off of them.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #63 on: Mar 24, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Number one bull bait in my mind is a small crankbait. If you can visually fish for bulls and small gills aren't around to gulp in offerings, natural baits like a weightless hopper, cricket, or mealworm are awesome.

Tyler

rendo

« Reply #64 on: Mar 25, 2005, 06:24 PM »

One of the best baits for gills here is crickets if you can get them.
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #65 on: Mar 26, 2005, 10:00 PM »
Anybody catching bulls yet?

reubenpa

« Reply #66 on: Mar 27, 2005, 12:13 AM »
got some nice seeds today
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bigdave1018

« Reply #67 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:15 PM »
bull gills are a blast to watch guarding their spawning beds. they remind me of a junk yard dog that aint been fed in awhile, mean, aggressive and nasty tempered. some of them even look mean after catching them, like they want to rip your face off,lol

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #68 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:10 PM »
bull gills are a blast to watch guarding their spawning beds. they remind me of a junk yard dog that aint been fed in awhile, mean, aggressive and nasty tempered. some of them even look mean after catching them, like they want to rip your face off,lol
LOL. When you can find nesting bluegills they hit anything that comes close.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #69 on: Apr 08, 2005, 07:54 PM »
i use trout worms under a bobber
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

bigdave1018

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2005, 06:15 AM »
just got back from black lake and weds 5/4, i had a great gill catching day. i caught at least 150 between 5- 9 inches. i used anything with spikes under a pencil bobber. i found a rat lodge and its winter food pile and the gills were using it for a pre spawn rest area lol. awesome action for over 3 hrs and some tasty fillets to. the gills were on bottom and shallow. a 1/64th purple tinsel jig was my best offering tipped with spikes and a plain 1/80th jighead worked well also. tight lines.

OTIS

« Reply #71 on: Jun 28, 2005, 09:54 AM »
What's the best time of day for gills?  We tried a new pond and got a lot of nice gills, it was 1-2 pm.  We let them all go, but the more I read the more I think I'd like to go back and get some for a meal.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #72 on: Jun 28, 2005, 01:09 PM »
What's the best time of day for gills?  We tried a new pond and got a lot of nice gills, it was 1-2 pm.  We let them all go, but the more I read the more I think I'd like to go back and get some for a meal.
IMO the best time of the day for gills is lowlight periods right before the sun sets. They are really nailing insects then and just the other day we were hammering monsters on cricket flies!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.