FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Saltwater Thread  (Read 107990 times)

Clams

• All day, every day!
Re: 2014 NH Saltwater Thread
« Reply #30 on: Jun 04, 2014, 06:17 PM »
6 fish last night all under 24".  ::)
C&R a few low 30" the other night. All off black or alewife sluggos.

Any macks around yet?
What you get them on Cornshark?

cornshark

« Reply #31 on: Jun 04, 2014, 06:25 PM »
Caught on live maks. I haven't spent much time fishing yet due to boat issues. I caught my maks in the river Sunday, ocean temp was still only 51.9. This weekend there should be some bigger fish moving in.
Perchus Slaversons

cornshark

« Reply #32 on: Jun 06, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Who's gonna be out tomorrow? Bigger fish ate in, one of my partners caught several over 36" Wednesday.
Perchus Slaversons

cornshark

« Reply #33 on: Jun 07, 2014, 02:36 PM »
Fished today, in the river. Unusually slow for this time of year. Just haven't seen the big surge of fish show up this year.
Perchus Slaversons

paulb

« Reply #34 on: Jun 08, 2014, 09:57 PM »

Fish are in Joppa Flats. Hit it last night (6/7) from high tide at 8 pm till 1 am. Around 25 fish total, 8 were keeper size but nothing above 32". Chunk Mackerel and one on eel.

jobsite

• Otherwise known as Slipknot
« Reply #35 on: Jun 09, 2014, 01:54 AM »
PaulB, I tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full. We were out there last night and tonight too. Dragged some eels around and threw a lot of lures. Didnt have nearly the success you did.
Were you anchored and drifting the chunks back or were you drifting and dragging the chunks?
May have to try some chunk macks to get into some bigger fish. Have only landed a few keeper sized in three trips there this week. Most of them have been 12-20". Frustrating to drive from two hours away only to catch shorts.
Fish on!!

The Butcher

« Reply #36 on: Jun 09, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Craig...I am just happy to hear you made three trips this year no less in a week!!!! Glad to hear you are getting out! Good luck!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #37 on: Jun 10, 2014, 07:56 AM »
Wow Jared and Craig in one week, the legends are still out there ;-)

Jared, I think Jim wants to adopt you, LOL cant stop talking about how great it is to have you on the boat and fishing with someone who knows what he is doing.
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

nixstyx

« Reply #38 on: Jun 11, 2014, 08:24 AM »
Anyone catching keeper size fish in the Piscataqua yet? I hear they're late this year, but seems like they should be in by now.

cornshark

« Reply #39 on: Jun 11, 2014, 06:03 PM »
I have been for a couple weeks but it's way off from the last few years. Very spotty fishing, if it doesn't really turm on this weekend after the full moon I think we are in for a very poor season.
Perchus Slaversons

nixstyx

« Reply #40 on: Jun 12, 2014, 12:36 PM »
Ok, thanks! I'll be out this weekend giving it a go. Hopefully they show up en masse sooner or later.
Any better luck in the ocean?

cornshark

« Reply #41 on: Jun 14, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Fished today and yesterday with pretty good results in the piscataqua. Several real nice fish. Broke of something big yesterday, couldn't move the fish from the current.
Perchus Slaversons

AquaAssassin

« Reply #42 on: Jun 18, 2014, 02:46 PM »
Went out last night in the P-Scat and fished the incoming from shore got into some bass the first 2 hours pretty steady. Turned the headlamp on at the shoreline to remove some trebles from a smallish bass and a big wake started heading right at me and it was a school of squid that would follow the headlamp wherever you turned, weird part was these were not the same squid I always have caught the last few years they were far bigger I'd say at least double the size of the normal species. Pretty cool to watch wish I had a squid jog on me. Anyone have any idea on species? Lolligo or illex etc? Any input would be appreciated
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

cornshark

« Reply #43 on: Jun 18, 2014, 06:04 PM »
No, but there is probably a few slobs eating them up.
Perchus Slaversons

waterwolf603

« Reply #44 on: Jun 19, 2014, 07:46 AM »
Went out last night in the P-Scat and fished the incoming from shore got into some bass the first 2 hours pretty steady. Turned the headlamp on at the shoreline to remove some trebles from a smallish bass and a big wake started heading right at me and it was a school of squid that would follow the headlamp wherever you turned, weird part was these were not the same squid I always have caught the last few years they were far bigger I'd say at least double the size of the normal species. Pretty cool to watch wish I had a squid jog on me. Anyone have any idea on species? Lolligo or illex etc? Any input would be appreciated

lies you were probably baking cookies or something  ;D haha nice to see you post man glad youre alive and catching some fish!
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.