FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Memorial Weekend  (Read 1844 times)

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Memorial Weekend
« on: May 22, 2014, 09:50 AM »
Pretty quiet around these parts lately but i just wanted to tell everyone to have a good and safe weekend, largies are starting to bed up on the local ponds along the wasatch front and the higher reservoirs wont be too far behind. Crappie are in full spawn mode all over and the smallies will be going in 2-3weeks. Muskie are showing up in the shallow water chasing cranks and topwaters just hard to get them to commit. I have a pic of my 1st of the season in the lakes board for the view. Trout are doing good trolling/tossing various lures at most all reservoirs. Tightlines

Crappie_Time89

Re: Memorial Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 01:25 AM »
You cant forget the wipers, walleye and crappie are hot hot hot at willard right now. Not to mention the carp shooting is also great all over right now.  :note willard north marina will be closed for launching saturday. Would really like to get on a musky at PV for a first. See them like crazy at night while shooting carp but they never want anything to do with anything I throw...Any tips?   ???

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Re: Memorial Weekend
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 06:59 PM »
True true crappietime, cant forget Willard. The fishing has been spectacular this year. Once the bugs started to get bad I pulled out and started hitting the view. I did dang near wear out a few of my reels on them drag peeling, hard fighting wipers. lol I don't shoot for carp "yet" but I must say I have seen a lot of targets, LOTS!!! One of my favorite things to throw for musky in the early mornings and late evenings is top waters. I used to throw a lot of zara spooks but the last couple years buzzbaits have been producing well. As with any lure you just have to have confidence in it and keep throwing. Running a figure 8 with a crank bait can be effective to if your close enough to them. I just put up a pic of a smallie I got Friday morning on the view lakes page here

View report 5-23

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.