FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: schroon lake  (Read 793 times)

xjbob99

schroon lake
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Hey all. Im heading up to stony creek and looking to do some fishing while im up there for a long weekend. Im coming from central ma and our lakes are nothing to write home about. Ill be bringing my boat I got an older 15' aluminum starcraft with a newer 25hp evinrude. I got a fish hawk x4d and a decent Lowrance fish finder and two down riggers . Ive never fished for Lakers or salmon from my boat. None of our lakes have them. I plan on going to schroon lake. I dont know the water temp but I know Lakers like the colder water are they deeper at this time of the year any tips on getting them in tje boat same with the salmon? Thanks in advanced

snowlt14

Re: schroon lake
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Laker should still be in the top of the water column unless the water has really warmed up. We were able to get them pretty close to shore around the stream inlets 3 weeks ago fishing 5-25 down. We were trolling on riggers at 25 down and flat lining minnow baits on top. We only use a single attractor blade but I know guys do well with the cow bells. The salmon after ice out are hard to find in my opinion, more just luck. If your fishing the north end, try the deeper hole straight out from the launch. If your trying south fish out from Eagle point or up in front of Adirondack and fish the East shore. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.