FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: selling bullhead  (Read 11329 times)

Green Goose

Re: selling bullhead
« Reply #30 on: Apr 10, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Aj, your right on, People sell drugs to harm others and its illegal, but drugs are all over >:(, some of us enjoy mother nature and are totally legal about it  ;, do what you what with your fish and remember have fun doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

waterdawg14622

« Reply #31 on: Apr 10, 2004, 06:34 PM »
You could never catch all the bullheads.  There is a reason for no limit and the being able to sell them.  When the population gets to high the fish become stunted, especially in a small pond.
Jeff

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #32 on: Apr 10, 2004, 11:39 PM »
So, after all the hoopla about catching, keeping and selling, how much do Bullhead sell for?

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Panhandler

« Reply #33 on: Apr 11, 2004, 07:27 AM »
Their legal to sell, thats fine with me ! I would like a place to catch some to eat I love eating bullheads can you give a place in western N.Y. or around  finger lakes,or is it to late?

ajwiez2

« Reply #34 on: Apr 11, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Their legal to sell, thats fine with me ! I would like a place to catch some to eat I love eating bullheads can you give a place in western N.Y. or around  finger lakes,or is it to late?
bullheads can be caught all over the finger lakes area I don't know of any waters around here that don't have them ,and no you are not to late as they have just started to do their run so they will be on the bite for a while yet .And besides they bite all summer in alot of places.

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #35 on: Apr 11, 2004, 05:48 PM »
aj are they hjitting in seneca river yet I went to chase road last week with my brother and nothing was biting yet but we are looking foward to a run down the river some night soonPERCHPULLER

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #36 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:46 PM »
So, after all the hoopla about catching, keeping and selling, how much do Bullhead sell for?

-Reelcharacter

Last year I sold some for $2.25 a cleaned pound. This year I hear some places are paying more. Most places have size limits though. They don't want anything to huge.
Harold

crappieman12887

« Reply #37 on: Apr 11, 2004, 10:48 PM »

-Reelcharacter

Last year I sold some for $2.25 a cleaned pound. This year I hear some places are paying more. Most places have size limits though. They don't want anything to huge.
well if you can get 2.25 a pound we need to talk i will sell you all i catch for 1.25 and you can make a buck ,i can have a ton of them in a couple of days.bill

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #38 on: Apr 11, 2004, 11:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply Howie,

Just curious. Have never caught enough bullheads to worry about, have a "home" use for the ones I catch each year.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

ajwiez2

« Reply #39 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:28 PM »
just talked to a friend in Oswego and he said he got 2.50 a pound for the ones he sold a couple days ago. hog dressed he had 17 gallons ,I forgot to ask how many lbs. that came out to .He was busy so he couldn't talk  he has two 5 gal. buckets of perch to clean tonite .ALL SLOBS  he said.

ajwiez2

« Reply #40 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:34 PM »
aj are they hjitting in seneca river yet I went to chase road last week with my brother and nothing was biting yet but we are looking foward to a run down the river some night soonPERCHPULLER
I was wondering why you weren't posting anything not I got it figured out different handle. Have you been out at the marina down here yet ?? you know what for  I don't want to let on about them so when you go let me know I'll go with ya .

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #41 on: Apr 17, 2004, 06:25 AM »
Havent tried it yet schedule has been rough was busy on all days nice enough to go out.Wasnt trying to change handle but I had a little glitch with my Email and getting sighned on so I left it as this Its the nicknames of my triplets but Ill still be on Iceshanty as PERCHPULLER.Ben trying a few local spots for bullys havent hit them hard yet my father in law wants to try Fair Haven tonight have to take him out a couple times

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #42 on: Apr 17, 2004, 06:27 AM »
And by the way its nobodys D@#$ business if someone wants to sell there catch as long as it was taken in the limits of the law they are yours to do with as you please

ajwiez2

« Reply #43 on: Apr 17, 2004, 07:14 PM »
hey perch the bulls have been slow coming in the river they are starting to pick up a little maybe with a couple of warm nights they will really get the bite on. although the river has come back up with the rain I think they will be doing it to it this week.I'll let you know .

the Wizard

« Reply #44 on: Apr 18, 2004, 09:01 AM »
B heads are at the south end of Canadagua, in the chanel and at the mouth of the creek[chanel]. I was there last week,fishing for gills [using ice fishing jigs w/ waxworms  [bobbers]in 3' of water and caught them hand over fist, all day.   They seemed to be on the left just before the creek,mostly.
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.