FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Willard for wipers and eyes 4/30/15  (Read 2041 times)

wiperhunter

Willard for wipers and eyes 4/30/15
« on: Apr 30, 2015, 10:34 PM »
Got out on Willard today, from a little after 10am till 4pm. It was a little windy, water temp was 58*. We started off by the Light pole, trolling South, started catching fish, within 30 minutes and we were catching equal amounts of wipers and walleye for the first 3 hrs, 3 eyes up to 19" and 3 wiper around 16". About 1:30, I got a double on a turn and reeled in two 19" eyes. Right after that a friend called and told me about a spot along the North d i k e where they had just finished catching three limits of eyes and a dozen wipers, so we headed over, in hopes of catching a few ourselves. Well of course it wasn't any better that where we left but we did pick up another 7, mainly eyes  but also 1 more wiper. We caught our biggest eye there at 21". Water temp was 66* as we went back into the North marina. Not a bad day on Willard, looks like the eye bite is on.
WH

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Re: Willard for wipers and eyes 4/30/15
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2015, 11:18 PM »
Welcome to the finder wiperhunter, sounds like a good day out. That's great the eye bite is getting better. Can't wait to get back out and hook some up. It sure has been a good spring for almost everything the bay has to offer. I think we may have talked up at the view with dubob on the ice and in wally world in the fishing section once. Thanks for the report I hope to start making a few of my own soon  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.