FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cooler weather  (Read 2351 times)

bug-chazer

Cooler weather
« on: Sep 10, 2015, 06:23 AM »
finally looks like the heat will retreat . With any luck water temps will start their downward slide and the fish will put the fall feed bag on . Maybe Walter will be hungry.

eiderz

Re: Cooler weather
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2015, 06:48 AM »
The rain last night should stir things up. Make walter hungry!

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2015, 07:13 AM »
The stink logs are hungry around me but I am itching to go to the dead sea...been patiently waiting for the pleasure crew to retire for the season.

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2015, 07:44 AM »
Weather is definitely changing.  On my way to work this morning I saw a few trees changing colors and some leaves on the ground.  Hopefully it pushes some fish into the shallows.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Weather is definitely changing.  On my way to work this morning I saw a few trees changing colors and some leaves on the ground.  Hopefully it pushes some fish into the shallows.

Ill be out in the rain sunday searching for them....last trip they were marked so deep we broke out the leadcore and trolled big plugs...I hooked and lost one that created a ton of desire to return!

imsafanct

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2015, 09:15 AM »
I too will be out this Sunday in the yak, possibly back at Mansfield. I was there this past Saturday morning and the water level was stupid low, but the weeds have started to die as they've been exposed and burned by the sun. I got hammered just North of the small island on the boat launch side on my first cast of the morning, throwing a 2 oz. Pearson's Grinder. I lacked the appropriate skills to keep the fish on; that and I didn't file a fresh point on the hooks. I did some exploring as well, checking out the area where the Mount Hope River flows in. I spotted two smaller pike milling about near a weed bed in less that two feet of water.   

I'm now comfortable enough in the yak to both fish and paddle while standing. I must have looked like a guy bone fishing on a flat in the keys. I just need a push pole!   

We're on the pace lap and mother nature is hopefully about to throw the green flag. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

-Eric

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2015, 06:23 AM »
Hopefully our days in the nineties are over,with days in the 70s and nights in the 50s our water are finally cooling, and may start to enjoy a good fall bite
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

imsafanct

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2015, 11:55 AM »
Put me down for one smallish 24" pike at Mansfield this morning, caught on a 7" Suick. It's not much but it's the first fish I've ever caught there. I once again paddled more than I fished, but exploring helps me learn a lake. Plus I got even better with the rod/reel setup I'll be using for Suicks and big topwaters. Oh yeah, and it wasn't 90 degrees and sunny either...for once!

-Eric

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2015, 11:39 AM »
I got a dink too, the big ones were still deep and very uninterested so I switched to drop shotting.  Saw the biggest pike of the day chase a healthy sunny I was hauling up, it saw the boat and vanished.

I did land a couple healthy largemouth and enough crappie to keep me satisfied for quite some time. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.