FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout season  (Read 2046 times)

1smoked_brooklyn

Trout season
« on: Mar 19, 2016, 08:07 PM »
April 1st is quickly approaching. Where is everybody's favorite ice out fishing spot? I'm new to the site here just trying to get some posts under my belt. Im typically fishing in the adk's mostly for Brook trout. I enjoy fishing the moose river plains area and the West Canada lakes wilderness. The lakes and ponds in the adk's are so peaceful its easy to become addicted to fishing them! I think this year I am going to fish the northern part of the West Canada creek above Hinckley reservoir. That area is a favorite of mine

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Trout season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2016, 07:40 AM »
i fish the esopus it is a bit warmer on my bones,there are some NICE small creeks
around it,the moose plains is great,you could spend all trout season trying to fish
all the great waters there ,i like may/june for the moose
NOTE- some hatcherys are selling trout fillets @$6.99 lb ,just saying
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2016, 08:48 AM »
I am heading up to the Indian Lake area for the weekend. Have never targeted trout, so hoping to find a stream or two to cast a few times. Sadly, will be boat less this trip. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2016, 09:56 AM »
try big brook it go under rt30 just west of long lake ,trail on right side [going west]
part of it was a gun club so look for posted signs also try  bog river up rt 30 on left
both have trout may be to cold [to me i want the water temp to be above 45°]
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2016, 10:22 AM »
Thanks Rat!

tfinn4

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2016, 11:30 AM »
RAT are you talking about moose river plains up in inlet?

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2016, 12:48 PM »
RAT are you talking about moose river plains up in inlet?
yes,or you can go into it from rt30 the other end
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

1smoked_brooklyn

« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2016, 03:11 PM »
I am heading up to the Indian Lake area for the weekend. Have never targeted trout, so hoping to find a stream or two to cast a few times. Sadly, will be boat less this trip. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

A lot of small ponds and lakes up that way are still locked up with ice believe it or not.. The creeks are best bet for tossing a line in but as Rat said the water is going to be coldddd cold. Also may/June in the plains is suicide man! I did it last year in early june and got eaten ALIVE by black flies and all sorts of small gnats it was insane! Love it in there but I will have a full bug suit on next time I go in there that time of year. It's unfortunate the gate is closed to the plains until memorial day  :-\

pieman1998

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2016, 06:59 PM »
i trout fish in saratogo county today

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2016, 07:47 PM »
I been hitting a  few small tribs I know  for the steelies but I'm dieing for trout season
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2016, 07:13 AM »
A lot of small ponds and lakes up that way are still locked up with ice believe it or not.. The creeks are best bet for tossing a line in but as Rat said the water is going to be coldddd cold. Also may/June in the plains is suicide man! I did it last year in early june and got eaten ALIVE by black flies and all sorts of small gnats it was insane! Love it in there but I will have a full bug suit on next time I go in there that time of year. It's unfortunate the gate is closed to the plains until memorial day  :-\
the bugs donot bite me,but my wife did say i didnot smell good??
MAYBE  that is way they donot bite.
1-get rid of the human smells[after shave,and others
2-need deet
3-color of what you wear will pull the bugs in[some colors the bugs love]
4-netting
with the gate,try cedar flow or cedar river, but water may be to cold i think above 45°
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.