FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Grand Dads & Grand Daughters  (Read 1466 times)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
Grand Dads & Grand Daughters
« on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Are you ready for another short story? Too bad, here it comes anyway. Now today wasn't a great weather day . The temperature never got above 44 degrees and I doubt it got to that on the water. The wind brought the water up to a 2 foot chop on  Sandy Pond by noon.  Not necessarily the best day to pick during Easter vacation week to take your grand daughter out fishing eh?  Beggars can't be choosers . 3 days of rain and heavy winds coupled with lacrosse practices, locked  Poppy time into this "not prime time slot". This is not sounding like a great day to be in a boat with your grand daughter correct ?  Well nothing could be farther from the truth.

Grandpaoligy requires more than a little finesse. It starts with a fast stop at Micky Dees. "Big Breakfast" is her favorite. Snacks are pretty basic, grand ma's home made cherry jam and peanut butter sandwiches. The stop at Midway Bait Shop  where  Poppy proudly introduces his grand daughter to the owner, the half hour trip to Sandy Pond where poppy gets to find out all the infamily scuttle butt.  Now in years past, Poppy would always sublimate Bella's catch performance by keeping a few of the smaller perch to help balance out the catch ratio.  To my surprise or maybe I should say dismay, my 11 year old grand daughter had been watching and learning all those valuable fishing techniques Poppy taught her.

In short I have to tell you all, my lovely Bella spanked her grand pa . She out fished me 4 to 1. You all might say it was a fluke or gee Boggey, I've fished with you and  I believe it.  I'd rather say, I taught her well. All that being said my grand daughter and I brought home over 70 perch, nothing under 8 inches and 4 bull heads. I think several important lessons were learned today, first, humility on my part and second, this grandpaoligy is an ever expanding pseudo science that requires further development. Otherwise , a work in progress. Now I am willing to keep perfecting it till I get it right. All I need is more time with my grand daughter and I might find out how she catches all them perch. After all I was blessed with a brand new grand daughter and grand son this year and practice makes perfect they say.   

oatkasut

Re: Grand Dads & Grand Daughters
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:31 PM »
Great story! What you forgot, she learned, thank God. I have the same pleasure fishing with my daughter and granddaughter with the fly rod! :) :) :)

reeleyz

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Awesome stuff Jboggey!  :thumbup_smilie:

hinkydo

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2017, 06:17 AM »
Way to go , jboggey.
 Can't wait to get my granddaughter out and she is only 2 and a half, it will be soon time flies so enjoy it while we can.

hinkydo

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2017, 01:46 AM »
Yo Hinkydo,

I can appreciate that. My 2-1/2 year old grand son from New Orleans is coming to visit grand ma and grand pa in June. He will be nearly 3 years old by then. You can bet your bippy, poppy has already purchased his first fishing pole and PSD. He will have a ball in the Old Larson. A very family friendly boat. Knowing you, I don't doubt you have similar plans eh?

hinkydo

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2017, 05:42 AM »
You bet, jboggey

and FISH ON !!!

hinkydo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.