FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Carp Chronicles  (Read 14052 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Big Carp Chronicles
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2021, 06:07 PM »
Nice catching RG, looks like fun, I'll have to give it a go one of these days with my grandson.   

You should be chasing them on the fly Bart. You’re a very good fly fisher. They’ll test you.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 06:38 PM »
Thanks, need to find some overhanging mulberries.  ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 06:52 PM »
Not necessarily. I’ve gotten them in streams on crayfish and nymph patterns. Just need to target them with a mind set....and pay attention.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

PikeKing23

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2021, 06:00 AM »

I've gotten into a few this spring biggest at 26lbs. The best part is that I've finally found a homemade boilie mix that works. Very satisfying to catch them on your own creation.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2021, 06:26 AM »
Nice hogs there! What’s your rig look like?

Rg

fontona19

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2021, 06:29 AM »
I love this thread. I am an avid carp fisherman, and it is great to see others enjoy the species I am so passionate about. If you aren't looking for food these are some of the most challenging fish in freshwater. Way to go Rg!!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2021, 02:03 PM »
Carp fishers are certainly unique. The Europeans pay big bucks to fish ponds and small lakes while we have more opportunities than they can imagine for the price of a fishing license. And...when you’re an old fart like me with a lifetime license.......you don’t have to pay anybody you don’t want to, to fish.

That said I just got some tackle I ordered form Bigcarp.com. Great company to deal with fast reasonable shipping and a huge inventory of carpin’ stuff. Based out of Oklahoma.

I’m making some “blowback rigs” to try with the method feeders. They have a full selection of Korda carp components that you’ll never find on the shelf of any big box or mom and pop store.

If anyone has other sources for carp gear, please post some info . I’m sure your fellow carpers will appreciate it. I know I will.

Rg

fontona19

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2021, 07:33 PM »
carp kit international based out of canada

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2021, 11:47 AM »
Thanks, I’ll check them out.

Gonna try tomorrow morning early. I have a feeling this super warm weather is going to put them on the spawn. That’ll kill things for a couple weeks.

Rg

PikeKing23

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2021, 01:14 PM »
My setup is as simple as it gets, lol.  Bank sticks with clip on alarms, 7' MH Ugly Stick Big Game rods, Yoshikawa 6500 bait runners, simple hair rigs and boilies.  Pre-baiting helps.  I also religiously use pack bait.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2021, 07:10 PM »
Wow...that’s a variety pack of stuff to work with.

I have to lasso a log tomorrow morning that drifted into my set. Saw it today when I went down to harass the gills. It’s a problem waiting to happen.

I’m all rigged up and ready to go.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2021, 10:22 AM »
Got this guy this morning.
pretty long fish. The net is 22” wide.

Nothing else today. Going to try a couple different places this week. Put some fake corn in a vial with pure vanilla extract and water. They really key in on it and the little fish can’t get it off the hair even though they try. Probably gobies or gills I’d guess.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2021, 05:48 PM »
Good one Bob..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Jun 01, 2021, 07:57 AM »
Got out this morning for a while. Went 2 for 4.

Had fun watching the flotilla of geese

The resident mink wandered by but I wasn’t quick enough the get a pic. Saw one of our Bald Eagles too.

Nice morning.

Rg

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #29 on: Jun 03, 2021, 06:54 AM »
You probably could have charged the carp guys to fish there and made some money. The guy from NC probably would have taken them back to live out their life in his “dollar hole”.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.