FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oct. sebago lakers  (Read 2316 times)

porkpiehat

Oct. sebago lakers
« on: Oct 07, 2022, 11:35 PM »
I normally do a sept laker trip jiggin on winni with the nephews but I missed it this year. Was hoping to take them out on Monday in Sebago but I have no idea how the lakers behave in Sebago right now. I would normally find the deepest holes and jig with a small smelt pattern but I imagine that's not the case.

Any basic tips I can use without giving away big secrets? I'm guessing alewive lures but I don't know it's the same approach.

Appreciate any tips and thanks!

fishlessman

Re: Oct. sebago lakers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2022, 01:33 PM »
they are shallower for the spawn and i might start the north west side of frye jigging, trolling maybe the east side of jordans bay south as alewives are looking to migrate out of the lake.. i never fish for them but the alewives will ball up and bring in the gulls like bluefish off the coast. always look for the birds on your way out. bring binocs. ive been seeing gulls diving for about 6 weeks now and head over looking for the salmon. make sure to read the rule book, some places are off limits. theres a boat on maine trolling fb that jigged up 65 toque in a few hours the other day. like i said though, i stick with the salmon, i dont enjoy jigging....bring binocs, watch for birds and watch the boats

bee

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2022, 02:57 PM »
Is the Raymond launch usable?
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

fishlessman

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:04 AM »
Is the Raymond launch usable?

had seen on one of the facebook sites that it was shallow and not usable. not sure if it was just the dock  or what size boat the guy was putting in. havent left the nw river area in a few weeks, bait and jigging guys are catching early on but im doing well  around noon with flatfish and flies on copper wire slowing down to .6 for half a minute then speed up to 2.5 for a few sinking the copper to the bottom and letting it rise on speed up. if my camp was on the other side of the lake i would imagine the north east side of jordans is fishing well right now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.