FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: So it's definitely getting to be that time of year  (Read 12305 times)

Pikeguy

So it's definitely getting to be that time of year
« on: Mar 09, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Ok. It's the first full week of March. My mens league starts on Wednesday March 29th. I can't wait. ;D I made the mistake of playing one of those simulators a couple weeks ago and now I have the itch bad. It's gonna be a long few weeks I think!

Who else has got the itch? New sticks? Anything? Lets talk golf  ;D

carpcatcher

Re: So it's definitely getting to be that time of year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2006, 08:12 AM »
These are for you pikeguy. There's no need to talk golf when it's 70 and sunny the beginning of march just go play. The grass may not be green and the green's may not roll true but it sure is better than trying to fish on 3" of rotten ice

This last one is for you and slipbob, go with the BEST!!!!!!!!
Love 2 fish

Pikeguy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2006, 08:27 AM »
Someone's trying to make me jealous. It was 62 and sunny Saturday here. Todays it 33 and we're getting 5-10 inches of snow.  :'(

slipbob

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2006, 11:03 AM »
Nice pics and sticks but what's with the 3 wheel "GRANNY" cart  there Jim  :laugh:   

Pikeguy

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Nice pics and sticks but what's with the 3 wheel "GRANNY" cart  there Jim  :laugh:   

;D ;D He said it. not me.
I'm looking at new irons this year. Thinking Callaway X-18's. Any comments?

slipbob

« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Are you kidding me, I LOVE those 3 wheel GRANNY carts.  ;D  Seriously that's on my equipment purchase list for the year as the ole Bag Boy M-3000 two wheel jobber is finally starting to wobble and squeak after about 5 seasons up and down the fairways at the local courses some of which are real hilly.  The 3 wheel ones are somuch easier to maneuver and you can push em and let em go unlike the old style carts and I most always walk when I play.  Hate the riding carts. I must admit those pics are giving me the urge to TEE IT UP.  ;D

carpcatcher

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:47 PM »
No comment needed on the Callaway's there pal. Just scroll back up to the last picture and you'll get the point :whistling: No, seriously Pike, they are all good if you hit it in the middle. Also, that granny cart is the cat's @ss when it comes to walking especially if you have a bad back.
          Jim
Love 2 fish

Pikeguy

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2006, 08:16 AM »
I either carry or ride..but then again I'm 25 and my back is alright most days  ;) I do like the 3 wheel carts..last year one of the guys at my course (a real jerk) got ticked about something and gave his cart a shove and away it went, took a left turn and proceeded to roll about 75 yards down a hill and into one of the ponds. Stayed on it wheels real nice ;D I thought he was going to have a heart attack. lol

Jim, one of the guys in my rehular 4some just bought a set of Titleist irons(not sure which model). I'm looking forward to trying them myself ;)

carpcatcher

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Pike, the iron's that I have are the 762's and are custom fit. I left a "pro" tell me that I was good enough to hit them well and guess what. I think that I wasted some money :'(. I like them but think that a little more forgiving set would have suited me just as good and been much cheaper. Just think, I might have been able to buy a marcum lx5 for the difference :D
      Jim
Love 2 fish

Pikeguy

« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Right now I'm leaning towards the Mizuno MX-17's. I like the MX-900's but heir price is $900 :o and I'm looking to spend a little less than that. Leave it to a pro to spend extra money for ya ::)

Pikeguy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2006, 08:11 AM »
Well I was at my pro shop last night and got an offer I'm not sure how to refuse. Callaway BB Fusions 3-PW for 650 bucks. They're the sticks I wanted but thought I couldn't have due to the $$$ but with my $227 Gift Cert. from a tourney win last year I can't pass them up for $450 out of pocket ;D

carpcatcher

« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2006, 09:21 AM »
Let us know how they work Pike. How long do you have to wait till you can use them? I'll give you a good "tip of the day" SWING HARD INCASE YOU HIT IT!!!!!! :thumbup_smilie:
          Jim
Love 2 fish

Pikeguy

« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2006, 10:03 AM »
Ahh ha ha ha. That's what a guy I play with always says ;D How long to wait? Lets see...29 degrees and getting snow, I'd say at least 12 inches today...NOT LOOKING GOOD :-\ I'll let you know what I think. I may have to find a dome to hit them in for now ;)

Pikeguy

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2006, 09:26 AM »
My local clubs' mens night starts next Wednesday! ;D
Well, here are my new babies. What is one more than Octuplets? lol

Kinda like a proud dad. ha-ha

I can't wait to get out and play them. Wish it would stop snowing here :-\

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Man you boys are going threw with drawl, Over the winter we played sevral times and that got the ice going, but soon as it hits 45 I will play.

PS saw some ping irons on ebay, the copper ones with the square grooves, but I love em have a wedge and was condifering buying the set, but not for the money.

Anyne ever play theses?

We should plan a golf outing this year, some where in the middle of NY state and get some skins or something like it going??
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.