FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bluefin Tuna beat down  (Read 5393 times)

rmoody79

Re: Bluefin Tuna beat down
« Reply #30 on: Jul 18, 2022, 07:03 PM »

Whacked 5 this week

lowaccord66

« Reply #31 on: Jul 18, 2022, 09:06 PM »
Real nice.

lowaccord66

« Reply #32 on: Jul 19, 2022, 06:36 AM »
Sunday evening we were getting ready to head out for tuna.  Buddy running late I rip to the gas dock before it closes.  Thanks Biden, that's all I will say...we'll my gas cap locks via the two prong tool that's on my key ring.  I said to myself be careful not to drop the keys...well I dropped them.  Learned the previous owners float was not enough to float them.  Gas dock owner let me tie up in a transient slip and I got the pleasure of driving 3 hours round trip to get my spares.  Got back around midnight, got my boat back in the slip climbed in the cuddy and slept.  Departed 5am for Montauk as my first stop.  So foggy it was real fun getting past the ferries and charter boats even with radar.  Gave up around fishers and settled for a few seabass and fluke.  Glad I did as I was able to get back to the slip before the thunderstorms rolled in.  Good news is the boat is running great.  Bad news is it looks too windy to get out there the next few days....

rmoody79

« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2022, 07:02 AM »
Remind me what you got for a boat now?  This summer has been the best recreational tuna fishing I have seen since 2009, fish have been here since July 1, seem to be hanging around and are being caught from northern Jeffrey’s all the way to the sword and into crab ledge.  Fish have spread out a bit, but now some bigger rec classes have mixed in over the last week.  Catching more 65-70in fish than last couple weeks which were mostly all 45-51in.  Troll bite has been hot between 5-9am after that it really dies off

lowaccord66

« Reply #34 on: Jul 19, 2022, 03:29 PM »
2007 proline 23xp.  250 Suzuki, 125 gallon tank, Garmin HD radar.  Still need to grab an eprib and raft.  Have done CIA and tuna ridge.  Was headed to cambria on that last trip.  Never made it.

Sword is so hot all the wicked tuna boys were there saturday.

rmoody79

« Reply #35 on: Jul 19, 2022, 04:01 PM »
I would not waste your time on the places you mentioned, better fishing in closer off cape.  sword has fish all big ones but a lot of them , crab has fish comm and rec, out of pamet you could hit bank and backside which is fishing better than Chatham.

If south of MV is easier for you, the west half of the dump was holding 50lb yellows

lowaccord66

« Reply #36 on: Jul 19, 2022, 04:05 PM »
My trailer is legit and we were thinking of towing to the cape but I'm a smaller boat and it's looking windy.  5'ers are fine, 5 second period blows.  Washing machine. (I'm slipped in Old Saybrook)

rmoody79

« Reply #37 on: Jul 19, 2022, 04:17 PM »
Yeah not this weekend just in general, wind pattern sucks right now

lowaccord66

« Reply #38 on: Jul 21, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Ya I spent the day in the washing machine yesterday.  Old saybrook to tower to CIA which was too wild.  Then to sw ledge (no one there yesterday afternoon) then to watch hill, tip of fishers and back to the marina.  4.3's most of the day with a 6 second period.  My back hurts.

Did get a pb fluke though:

Tomorrow's forecast looks similar so I'm going to head out for more fluke.

Bartman44

« Reply #39 on: Jul 21, 2022, 08:16 AM »
Nice fluke. Congrats on the PB.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #40 on: Jul 21, 2022, 03:20 PM »
Ya I spent the day in the washing machine yesterday.  Old saybrook to tower to CIA which was too wild.  Then to sw ledge (no one there yesterday afternoon) then to watch hill, tip of fishers and back to the marina.  4.3's most of the day with a 6 second period.  My back hurts.

Did get a pb fluke though:

Tomorrow's forecast looks similar so I'm going to head out for more fluke.

Beats watching the grass grow! Nice fluke. I'm planning on spending Saturday catching some salty fish.

Sunday looks like it might blow again.

KingPerch

« Reply #41 on: Jul 21, 2022, 05:49 PM »
Nicely done guys!! 🎣
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishinjohn

« Reply #42 on: Jul 21, 2022, 09:57 PM »
Nice job fellas!!!

lowaccord66

« Reply #43 on: Jul 23, 2022, 10:17 PM »
Got to meet and fish with Z.  Had a blast and got a couple fluke over 22".  I know why SHaRPS likes these things now...

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #44 on: Jul 27, 2022, 06:32 AM »
Got to meet and fish with Z.  Had a blast and got a couple fluke over 22".  I know why SHaRPS likes these things now...

Nice work fellas! Yeah its addictive. And there is always by catch.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.