FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another day... Another perch...  (Read 1773 times)

LundProv

Another day... Another perch...
« on: Nov 28, 2020, 08:27 PM »
This incredible weather just keeps going on and on and on...  Another thing to add to the gratitude list this week of Thanksgiving.  Accomplished a few things this morning and headed over to Cal Park.  Launched out of Hammond Marina with my 93 yo friend and headed north and then west up the river(?)...  There was a large flotilla of boats for the first 1000 yards or so and once past this grouping, I headed upstream another mile or so. Kept an eye on the Garmin and saw random bunches of bait fish and pods of fish and put the Terrova down on spot lock and proceeded to catch our 2 limits, totaling 30.  Largest today was 12" with several 10" fish and a few smaller.  Most fish came on straight drop and I meant to try a jigging rapala but got caught up having too much fun casting and dragging back.  Last night, two hours of catching nice crappies and gills in the back yard with the jigging rap and today, perch fishing with a good friend.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 51 degrees and I should/will probably take the canopies off the boat lifts out back.  Still a lot of good, soft water fishing to do with a casual eye on dropping temps anticipating auger time.  Get out and enjoy these wonderful opportunities...  Also, a prayer for my 93 yo friend as he undergoes hip surgery to replace an arthritic joint next week.  I look forward to his recovery and having him back in the boat...

natahka72

Re: Another day... Another perch...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2020, 07:45 AM »
Nice report! Good luck to your fishing buddy!!

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2020, 09:53 AM »
Great  report. Good luck for your friend. My wife is not looking forward to this surgery. It is tough getting old. Doc says I need both knees and shoulders replaced. I will keep on with the cortizone as long as I can, because having approximately 3 years of recovery time ??????

Daybreak

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Hope your friends surgery is a huge success.  My hip replacement surgery went fantastic a few years back.  I may have to have the other one done if I don't lose some weight. 
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2020, 10:53 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Hope your friends surgery is a huge success.  My hip replacement surgery went fantastic a few years back.  I may have to have the other one done if I don't lose some weight.
I feel your pain. I know if I would loose 50-100 pounds my knees would like me more. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.