FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512803 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4830 on: Mar 16, 2023, 03:42 AM »
Very nice gardens you have there. Well done!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4831 on: Mar 18, 2023, 12:14 PM »
Greenhouses are filling up..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4832 on: Mar 18, 2023, 12:18 PM »
Kim beans, peas and most of the others can be planted in the ground as soon as it’s warm enough.  Peppers and tomatoes don’t start till middle or end of April otherwise they will be long and stringy..  JMO..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4833 on: Mar 18, 2023, 01:14 PM »
Sure sign of spring Dom!
I have tulips, daffodils, Iris, and some other stuff I can’t identify popping up in the flower gardens. Need to fence those off before the deer wipe them out.

Garlic is poking through. If it warms up a bit later this week I’ll cut back the asparagus.

Might water the trough planter and get some spinach and radishes going too. Getting anxious to play in the soil a bit.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4834 on: Apr 13, 2023, 03:13 PM »
Got my seed potatoes today. Missed out on them last year and had a mediocre harvest. Gotta love Tractor Supply. 4 lbs of Norland Reds for less than $7.

I’ll be planting this weekend.

piscesman

« Reply #4835 on: Apr 13, 2023, 06:30 PM »
The seeds we planted didn't do much. Did have some herbs come up and they were long and died. Was in the basement, about 60`. Peppers and tomatoes nada. Moved outside to warmer weather and plum tomatoes are making progress. Peas are growing like weeds and have a 2nd batch 2.5 weeks behind. The Swiss chard was doing great but petered out when put outside. Kept covered if a chance of frost. We used empty egg cartons and wouldn't recommend them again. Water gets soak into the paper container and the potting soil dries out quickly. The garlic is doing good except for the store bought bulbs from Hannaford. Planted the ones for eating. Barbers, Agway, Price Chopper (some, not much, planted 40 cloves, 8 shoots). German Hardbodies given to me from Dom. ALL COMING UP!!!! Very green in color plus didn't lose 1. 45 cloves grew into nice shoots right now.     Question. Do I take the leaf mulch off the shoots and put something else around them??? TIA......
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4836 on: Apr 14, 2023, 05:10 AM »
Nah, leave the mulch. It’ll keep the soil moist. My garlic is doing well. About 8-10” tall. Gonna start some tomatoes and cukes in the trough planter along with the first batch of radishes and spinach.

Store bought garlic isn’t good seed. Find a farmers market this fall and get some garlic. It’ll pay off.

Dirt23

« Reply #4837 on: Apr 14, 2023, 05:31 AM »
Leaving mulch will also keep weeds down once all garlic is well out of ground 6 inches or so add more mulch

krispcritter

« Reply #4838 on: Apr 14, 2023, 12:27 PM »
6 yards of Dirt/compost mix gets delivered tomorrow morning. 10x20.

When you don't have flat areas in your yard, you make your own.
To make small fortune in business, start with a large one.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4839 on: Apr 14, 2023, 01:10 PM »
Yikes that’s a huge bed!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4840 on: Apr 14, 2023, 03:21 PM »
Yes Kim what those guys said. Glad it’s doing well..
 I meant to take pictures inside the greenhouses when I got done but I had to get out of the sun and heat. Had to be 100* even with all the exhaust fans going.   Boy I can’t wait till September..
😎😎😎

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4841 on: Apr 26, 2023, 11:24 AM »
Just put my potatoes in and planted some of last years garlic as an experiment. Gotta supplement the grange planter with some compost and get my tomatoes and cukes started.  Probably put in some radishes and spinach too.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #4842 on: Apr 27, 2023, 06:50 PM »
Snow just left the ground and getting the frost out. Tilling in a couple weeks maybe here, so planting still off about a month. Been too cold for the greenhouse as well as it has not warmed up inside with cloudy days and highs in the 40's next week that looks to be changing.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4843 on: May 02, 2023, 03:50 PM »
Changing….Ha!
42 and raining here now. Lows in the mid 30’s tonight. Gonna be another 2-3 weeks before I can get anything in the ground….besides my potatoes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4844 on: May 02, 2023, 03:55 PM »
Oh…and I harvested some nice asparagus today.

That’s for tomorrows dinner with maybe some ham or a small pork roast.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.