FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42175 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #330 on: Nov 03, 2022, 11:53 AM »
One way or the other Ben. Hell, I can just go fishing if I want. But I do like working on the golf course. And then, there’s the free golf ;)
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #331 on: Dec 02, 2022, 12:28 PM »
Stopped in to see my Friend ( our super from last year) at his new course. Good to see him again. Was offered a job within a half hour by the super there.

I’d really rather stay where I was. I know and really love that course. It’ll depend on who they end up with for a super there. My Son is moving on to a really great opportunity at a private club. Its a Robert Trent Jones heritage club with a substantial membership and stable history.

Great move for him. Too far for me to drive for 5-6 hours of work though.

We will see.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #332 on: Dec 02, 2022, 02:54 PM »
I heard there is a vandalism problem at the other course.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #333 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:25 PM »
Happened at our course once this year.

I’ll never understand why critters have to crap on the tee markers and in the cups.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #334 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:34 PM »
Too funny.

jperch

« Reply #335 on: Dec 03, 2022, 09:24 AM »
It seems to be a thing with fox, like they are proud of what they produced.  Maybe marking territory?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #336 on: Dec 05, 2022, 10:41 AM »
Our former super told me that I could apply for unemployment. I didn’t know I could. Applied today….we will see.

Every little bit helps.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #337 on: Dec 07, 2022, 01:08 PM »
Well, I’m going in to the club to help my Son and the last remaining full time employee clear brush and trees from around one of the tees. It’ll probably be the last time I get to work with them and definitely the last time I’ll “volunteer” at this course.

We’ll have a good time and get some work done and share some doughnuts and coffee.

I’m very proud of my Son. He’s concerned and working to the last minute he spends there. When he moves on in a few weeks he’ll be in a better situation that suits his talents and rewards his efforts.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #338 on: Mar 20, 2023, 04:35 PM »
Met the new super at the course today. Seems a nice guy. Looks looks like we’ll be starting first part of April. I’ll  be happy to get back on the mower.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #339 on: Mar 23, 2023, 12:26 PM »
Spent a few hours touring the course with the new super. I’ll be surprised if he’s still there July 1st. Turns out he’s pretty clueless and way over his head.

No matter to me. I’ll go on and do my job…..go home and forget all about it.

Bartman44

« Reply #340 on: Mar 23, 2023, 01:00 PM »
At least you'll be outdoors putting your own touches on the course. (and chasing geese, I've never seen so many this year)

Played indoors with my sons last week at one of those screen shots courses (Played St Andrews). Not the same but I always jump at the opportunity to hang out with my boys.     

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #341 on: Mar 23, 2023, 02:39 PM »
Yeah, and I get to play 2 great courses this year. My course and my Son’s course.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #342 on: Apr 12, 2023, 12:06 PM »
Back in the office this morning.

Some people call it work😂

The owner came out to say hello and thank me for returning this year. Nice jesture.

icefisher47

« Reply #343 on: Apr 12, 2023, 03:46 PM »
That is a beautiful office. Hopefully you don’t have to many Geese this year.
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #344 on: Apr 13, 2023, 05:39 PM »
The new super has a black lab/ Great Dane  mix. Hunter.
He chased the geese off the practice green and dove in pot the pond full out chasing them. He’s a real golf course dog for sure.

US fish and wildlife service is scheduled to round up a batch in a month or so.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.