FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Some nice yellow perch today  (Read 1072 times)

taxid

Some nice yellow perch today
« on: Mar 22, 2023, 06:03 PM »
As some of you already know I attempt to grow out trophy size fish of several species for the taxidermy and replica market of which I am a retired fish taxidermist. Well I broke the 2 pound mark with two of them today! One of 14 1/2 inches and one of 14 5/8 inches on a board. A lot released back into the pond between 13 and 14 inches as 14 inches is my cut off. Also kept 9 bass between 4.36 pounds and almost 6 pounds.

You could say I did it the easy way with a seine, but I'm here to tell you pulling 180 feet of 12 feet deep seine through a pond all by yourself is not easy. Enough resistance in the water to make it feel like one is pulling a tree across the bottom! LOL

Now if I can get away a little bit from caring for my parents (pond is on my property) I will have several poles out at once with crappies minnows to see if I can get anymore 14 inches or over.

Anyway I thought I would share pictures:

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

BBLoon

Re: Some nice yellow perch today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2023, 08:57 PM »
Your work, although difficult, is very interesting to learn about.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2023, 11:17 PM »
Your work, although difficult, is very interesting to learn about.

Thanks for the kind words. Believe it or not it's not as difficult at the taxidermy was.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

iceman260

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2023, 07:20 AM »
That is one beautiful perch.

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2023, 09:10 AM »
That is one beautiful perch.
Sure is 👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com