FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panhandle  (Read 4350 times)

BlueDuck

Panhandle
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:05 PM »
The crappie are starting to bite on upper twin.  The water was 58 degrees.  Had to work for them but took home 15 in the 9 = 10 inch range.  Not a great bite, but they are starting.

riske

Re: Panhandle
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:01 AM »
I hit Cocolalla last Monday and caught a bunch of LM they were all smalll males.  I am going to try it again today and see if I can find some nice hens.

riske

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Im gonna give LPO a try today for some SM and Walleye if my brother-in-law would get out of bed and call me back.  Or I might have to give Cocolalla a try again and see if the Females are bighting yet.  I would bet they are done withthe spawn and hopefully hungry. Will post later after I get back.

riske

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Sorry for the late update ive been pretty busy.  I hit Cocolalla last sunday and did pretty good.  Caught a bunch of Large mouth and 2 giant crappie bass fishing.  Most of the bass where average with a couple of big girls.  Mostly worms and lizards until I snapped a pole on the hook set and didnt feel like tying a worm on a pole already set up with a spinner bait.  So I switched to spinner baits and did well there too.  Luckly the pole that snapped is a gloomis so its warranteed.  Funny thing is thats the 4th one I havesnapped. Well worth the money when they send you a new one every time.  Thanks G-loomis. 

BlueDuck

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Thanks for the update.  I was waiting to here.  This forum has been mighty quiet lately.  This has been the crappiest spring for fishing that I can remember.  Either rain or wind most every day for months now.  I usually fish 3 or 4 days a week this time of the year.  I have only been out 3 times so far and they were not very good.

Crestliner09

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Went to Upper Twin this morning.   Not a lot of action.  Found a few bass, a crappie and a bunch of gills.   The lake was pretty quiet.  The osprey seemed to have it figured out however.

BlueDuck

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2011, 06:12 PM »
I might give upper Twin a try tomorrow.  This warmer weather might get something going. 

Crestliner09

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2011, 12:33 AM »
Went to Hauser this evening.  Once again no luck on the bass.  Finally got out the worms and trolling gear and caught some small rainbows.

riske

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Well guys this will be my last post here for quite some time.  In 56 hours I will be living in sunny Florida. I will be checking in from time to time so everyone better behave.  I have had a great time living and fishing in Idaho for the last 30 some years but its time to move on and enjoy some fun in the sun for a while.

Keep your lines tight and stay on the dry side of the ice.  Good luck to all and catch some fat girls. 

Joe.

BlueDuck

« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2011, 05:14 PM »
I guess no one fishes in Idaho anymore.......  This forum is dead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.