FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oneida?  (Read 2871 times)

venisonman

Oneida?
« on: Mar 23, 2004, 05:07 PM »
How's the ice doing at Oneida? Any open water near the river? How about under the 81 bridge. Thinking of kayak fishing this Friday. Alittle help anyone?
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

scottcny

Re: Oneida?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2004, 06:37 AM »
Venesion-

The river is open, each day it opens a little more. Be carful of icebergs though. Water is high as well. The perch should be around the pier in Brewerton about now.

bigdave1018

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2004, 03:19 PM »
the marina that i use to fish when i lived nearer to oneida is off the cicero exit of i-81. its off south bay road and is called stroddels marina. they charge to fish there. the owners names are frank and dottie. their number is 1-315-699-5888. they will let you kwow whether the fish are in and biting yet. hope that helps you,

Taxidermist

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 09:36 PM »
Have any of you fished the public fishing area by the bridge (I believe it's 81)? I tried there once for walleye with no luck. Just wondering what they normally catch down there

bigdave1018

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2004, 05:30 AM »
bullheads in the spring on the muddy west side of the i-81 bridge and panfish, eyes on the north and east side during season and in the fall at night. the state just built a handicapped fishing ramp there to. its much safer walking there now to. they dont want you parking in the cloverleaf and sometimes its enforced. the parking area is across from the sunoco station on the west side of the bridge.

Taxidermist

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2004, 10:50 PM »
Thanks Bigdave, maybe I'll take a trip down there and try for some bullheads. Have you been fishing out to Fair Haven? Didn't see much action the other day.

Randy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.