FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Prop damage continued  (Read 1355 times)

stguy

Prop damage continued
« on: Jul 25, 2018, 01:46 PM »
Didn't want to hi jack fishlessmans thread any more than it was.

Yeah turnbuckle, that's a bad spot, those markers are almost invisible at times, a good chop and a bright sunny day and they are hard to see until your right on them.

Back in the 80's I skipped school with a friend and went fishing in that same area, one of those 60 mph bass boats came out of the gut and made a left turn to Raymond beach and hit those rocks at full throttle, d**n near killed the guy, no cell phones back then so we had to get him to shore and call from one of the houses at the end of the cape.

I'll never forget explaining to my parents if I hadn't skipped school that guy would have died.

fish wayniac

Re: Prop damage continued
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Glen, That is quite a story. If you don’t know the body of water it can be sketchy. When I first got my boat I almost took out the lower unit on Little Sebago. Power tilted the motor just in time and there was no warning bouys.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2018, 09:07 AM »
I saw someone take out their lower unit on Watchaug pond in RI. The guy had a brand new skeeter and said it was his first time out with it. Hidden pile of rocks in the middle of the pond did him in. I do not think he was on the water for more than 2 minutes when he hit that doing 50 plus. I have never seen water shoot straight up so high in my life.... at least 50 feet. Luckily there were other bass boats out there to tow him in as we were on my 12 foot john boat with a 3.3Merc.
Wicked Wec

Turnbuckle

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2018, 09:20 AM »
Glen, That is quite a story. If you don’t know the body of water it can be sketchy. When I first got my boat I almost took out the lower unit on Little Sebago. Power tilted the motor just in time and there was no warning bouys.

That place is crazy. We have two friends that live on it and both have told us that some camp owners remove the markers on rock piles. Summer folks with Camps come up, throw a tide jug marking a rock pile for themselves and guys like me heading out there to fish, then locals go and cut the markers. Great.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

seamonkey84

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2018, 05:07 PM »
That place is crazy. We have two friends that live on it and both have told us that some camp owners remove the markers on rock piles. Summer folks with Camps come up, throw a tide jug marking a rock pile for themselves and guys like me heading out there to fish, then locals go and cut the markers. Great.

Shouldn’t the DNR put markers on hazards like that?! Then if locals cut them it would be violation. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. The people who remove those makers Are just as bad as those as defacing or removing a stop sign.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Bowmandan

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2018, 10:20 PM »
I was told that if they mark a hazard then they take responsibility for it, so they dont mark them and everyone is on their own

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.