FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Some togue  (Read 1754 times)

seamonkey84

Some togue
« on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:05 PM »
Yesterday I got to go out with a friend to the big lake to do some togue fishing. We fished from around 7am till 3, landed two togue and two short salmon each, and each lost several as well. We were trolling spoons with leadcore, mostly 5 and 6 colors down. The original plan, was to go out with his buddy that has a motor with Spot lock and vertically jig for them once we find them on sonar, but he wasn’t feeling well and there was no we were able to hold a position well enough to get a vertical presentation with the wind.
One that almost made it to the net kinda surprised me. I hooked into a brookie that looked to be 13-14” out near the “middle” of the lake, but it shook the hook right next to the boat.
Not many pictures were taken, but I have one of each of my togue and one of his short salmon.
These were 22” and 24”

Yes I know I need a hair cut lol.

My friends salmon  :P ::)

Hehe
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

JDK

Re: Some togue
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2018, 04:52 AM »
Not a bad day on the water.
# SAND

fish wayniac

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2018, 05:15 AM »
Chi, Sounds like a great day. Thats cool to hear you had a brook trout on.

stguy

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2018, 06:34 AM »
We've been out in that area at night a few times and tried jigging, so far we haven't had any luck jigging but as soon as we start moving we hook up.

There is a spot where brookies are almost automatic, surprised to see one out in the deep water.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Nice fish Monkey.

I have never caught a brookies out there, but the young togue take on some of those characteristics at time.

These little guys are starting to be a PIA. 4 inch spoons, 6 inch spoons, big flat fish it doesn’t matter.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Just a thought.  Why couldn't you use buckets or a drift sock to slow your drift?  No necessarily "you" yesterday but in general.

# SAND

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2018, 10:54 AM »
nice

gamefisher

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2018, 01:50 PM »
Nice fish Monkey.

I have never caught a brookies out there, but the young togue take on some of those characteristics at time.

These little guys are starting to be a PIA. 4 inch spoons, 6 inch spoons, big flat fish it doesn’t matter.

There was no other possible out come with the great wisdom of all 23' - 33" being released Jeremy. :cursing: :cookoo:

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2018, 02:15 PM »
yeah, 12" togue have parr marks that look a lot like a brook trout's.

seamonkey84

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2018, 02:42 PM »
The belly wasn’t colored up, but I saw the worm like patterns and white edges of fins very clearly. It hit a spoon with 5 colors out in 50-60 FOW.  I’ve been wondering about the brookies that make their way to the lake, just wouldn’t of thought of finding one out there.
When I’m out in my own little boat, I use a drift sock, but most days I still can’t maintain the presentation I want. I’d love to get to use the sonar like I do during I’ve fishing but that only works in shallower water where I’ve been able to anchor.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2018, 04:49 PM »
Nice fish!  I'll be curious if you get the jigging to work.  It does well in the NY Finger Lakes.

franklin fisher

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:34 PM »
  Nice looking Togue.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.