FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: a BIG surprise this morning...  (Read 1171 times)

thekamikazekid

• 24" 6 1/2 Lb. Brownie
a BIG surprise this morning...
« on: Oct 24, 2008, 06:04 PM »
Early this morning I was asleep and heard a loud noise outside on my deck.  So I woke up to investigate.  As I peered out I saw a huge black bear!  :o  He had climbed over my fence, up the stairs, and proceeded to rip off the bird feeder I had hanging off the side of the railing.  I, in my 20 years of living in the same house have only seen a bear around the general area once.  I have a stray cat that I feed and the bear seemed to not have touched the cat food at all.  I live near the orange/sullivan counties border.  Has this happened to anybody else?  Do they normally come back? 

fishfinger

Re: a BIG surprise this morning...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2008, 06:31 PM »
Take the bird feeder out for a couple of weeks. Bears love the bird feed.  Bears will travel many, many miles to find food.

Obviously you called the DEC right?

We had one in my town about 2 yrs ago reeking havok for about a week. The DEC did try and track the bear, but to no avail. It ended up getting killed by a motor vehicle.

Any one in my area remember the moose about 10 yrs ago running around?

thekamikazekid

• 24" 6 1/2 Lb. Brownie
Re: a BIG surprise this morning...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I didn't call the DEC, I live right next to a wooded area where I'm sure they live.  I just never see them much but always knew they were there. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.