FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cazenovia's south end parking area  (Read 5372 times)

bassandbucks2

Re: Cazenovia's south end parking area
« Reply #30 on: Jun 24, 2011, 04:38 PM »
First i just wanted to correct my first post. When I had Song Lake(Tully) i should have been more clear and put-Song Lake (Near the Village of Tully). Tully Lake is a completely different lake, which has a public cartop launch/ice fishing parking area.
I understand people being frustrated by change. I just know when I started fishing Caz from a boat the only way you could use the Lakeside Park launch (without getting a parking ticket that is)was if you were in the school district or had a friend who was. I would say 90% of the time I launched there during the week I would be the only one in the parking lot. Now anyone regardless if there in the school district or not can get a pass, obviously for a fee, but at least there is an option. I also understand frustration over limited parking but that is a concern at almost all launches. Go to Madison Res. or Eaton Brook Res. on a hot summer weekend and see how quickly the lot and road edge fills with vehicles. But, my main point with my first post was that there are a lot of other lakes with far worse access problems yet no one ever talks about them.

Flukeman, I am impressed with the Tuscarora Lake association that they raise money by having the derby to stock fish into the lake for others to catch, and also for the fact that they put out those garbage cans in the popular fishing areas to keep the lake and lake shore clean.

papa

« Reply #31 on: Jun 25, 2011, 04:59 AM »
I would have to say like any town you have alot of good citizens and you always have your few that are not so good,I think the problem with Caz is the people who run the town.They are the ones that are are making the decisions about the lake and i think that they have made it clear that they do not want outsiders on it.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #32 on: Jun 27, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Hey I won't just complain about Caz, I think Erieville should have better access too. The state built the lake and maintains the dam on it, same with Bradley Brook...what the heck man.  I know there are other lakes, but losing the choice to go where you want sucks, all there is to it.  I spent a year on Long Island. I was young and single at the time, so I basically fished every day and tried to get access everywhere I could because ocean fish move a lot you have to move with them. There are miles and miles of shore line you can't get to because locals have locked them up for their own use. As areas get more populated people want to carve out their own piece and keep "outsiders" out. 

shut up and fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.