FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite eating fish  (Read 16613 times)

AD

• Born to fish
Re: Favorite eating fish
« Reply #30 on: Apr 12, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Halibut or Northern Pike are my fav's
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

cnyfishing

« Reply #31 on: Apr 12, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Salmon
and perch or pike
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

bigdave1018

« Reply #32 on: Apr 12, 2005, 06:07 PM »
pumpkinseeds followed real close by gills, perch and callies. any of these between 6   inches and a foot are the best eating fish period, no questions asked!!!!!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2005, 07:34 PM »
I have to pick any trout that has very red/orange meat. Usually around here that is brookies, but the browns from blue mesa reservoir have meat that is just as orange.
Fantastic eating, especially grilled or if fried, fried in bacon oil.
I like walleyes best for any white meated fish, but pike, crappie, and perch taste really good. Catfish and bass are okay but are softer and fatter.
Most all fish are best fried in my mind. I don't like filleting trout, I just pick the meat off the bones. Walleyes and other fish must be filleted and skinned.

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #34 on: Jun 03, 2005, 11:12 AM »
for panfish(perch, gills, crappie etc.) i use this special tool to descale them( a sharp knife works as well) and take all the scales of but leave the skin on, then cut of the head.  It is a good way to get alot of meat off of them. after frying u can easily pull the fins and backbone out so there is little for bones left but ALOT of meat.
-cole

fishaholic1970

« Reply #35 on: Jun 17, 2005, 07:03 AM »
Blue Gill , Yellow Perch , Walleye , Crappie, Northern Pike , Smoked Salmon or Grilled with Lemon juice

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #36 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Walleye is still number 1 with channel cat being a close second.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Hood

« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Mack- I used to do the whole trout thing and pick the bones off but I have recently been filleting them and rolling them in crumbs then fryin em up and what a difference it has made, It may be that i like the crunchiness better but once i get the fillets boneless with a quick swipe of the knife its all worth it. I fillet it similar to a pike and cut as close to either side of the bones as possible and have one fat fillet and one skinny strip from the top of the back. Give it a whirl some time   :)  Skinning is optional, sometimes i do sometimes I dont,  rainbows have larger scales than brookies so i always skin them  :flex:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2005, 09:22 PM »
1) rainbow because it is the only trout i ever ate. 2) either gills or crappie or perch.

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

TroutSlayer

« Reply #39 on: Jul 20, 2005, 07:34 PM »
It's hard to beat the taste of Speckled Trout caught, cleaned and cooked over a hard wood fire, all within half an hour. :D

CRANKY

« Reply #40 on: Sep 26, 2005, 04:49 PM »
don't eat trout unless it was caught while icefishing, something about cold clean water
walleyes, smallies and pike make wonderful shore lunch

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #41 on: Sep 26, 2005, 08:12 PM »
fresh water, that would have to be crappie, havent tried walleye yet and salt water would definty be tuna steaks
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

mrwalleye

« Reply #42 on: Oct 20, 2005, 09:49 AM »
2 part question
          a) fav. trout to eat (excluding brookies)
          b) fav. whitemeated fish to eat

a) brown trout because they are less greasy-tasting than other trout and have a sharper taste.

b) walleye because they taste the same as perch, yet they are bigger and you can cook them in different ways that you can't perch because of their limited size.

i dont fish for trout. 
i like walleye, but am perfectly happy catching good combo of gills, crappie, perch.  thats ideal for me.  few of each, and im eatin good.  i used to chase walleye all day, finally i learned to fish for the panfish during daylight, and the walleyes at sundown.

Hookset

« Reply #43 on: Oct 20, 2005, 01:16 PM »
The only fish I eat are Swedish Fish (you know, the jelly kind, not actually fish from Sweden).
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

TroutSlayer

« Reply #44 on: Nov 07, 2005, 04:35 PM »
don't eat trout unless it was caught while icefishing, something about cold clean water
walleyes, smallies and pike make wonderful shore lunch

That's the thing with Brook Trout, they only live in cold clean water.  I've measured the temperature of a pool in the river on a May trip, and the temperature below the ice in 12 fow during March.  They were the same!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.