FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Opening up my private trout pond starting next week for fishing  (Read 4276 times)

taxid

Fishhogger,

I was thinking of the lower caudal fin wear in one of the steelhead. Doesn't normally happen in an earthen pond and fish that are not kept at high densities in raceways. Probably happened when I put them in a floating pen at higher densities when they were small to protect them from the larger fish in the pond until they reach a larger size.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Daybreak

Nice job guys!
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

tater140

Looks like you had a good time.  I think I may be out there Sunday afternoon.  I have a couple of younger guys and a couple of kids i think would really enjoy the opportunity.

Teacherpreacher

Great fish!
Taxid, was wondering if any of the Amish folks contracted the Covid that you know of?
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

Great fish!
Taxid, was wondering if any of the Amish folks contracted the Covid that you know of?
Teach

Yes they did. There was a big outbreak in Lagange County after the weddings cranked up last year. And of course they get together in large groups for church ever other week. But they still aren't wearing masks and refuse to get the vaccine as far as I know. Really disappointed in my Amish friends. One actually believes there are micro chips in the vaccines.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Looks like you had a good time.  I think I may be out there Sunday afternoon.  I have a couple of younger guys and a couple of kids i think would really enjoy the opportunity.

I will video feeding tonight!

swnoel

I use to have a place close that was fly fishing only and would charge by the pound. Good luck those fish are beauties!

taxid

I use to have a place close that was fly fishing only and would charge by the pound. Good luck those fish are beauties!

A fly rod would be a blast. Possibly need backing for the big steelhead.

If I would have held on until this fall, like I usually do, the steelhead would have been in the double digits weight wise.

filetandrelease

Looks good fishogger

kesdadddy7597

Looks good Fishogger!  I think I saw you at Home Depot last week.  I was going to say hello, but wasn’t sure if that was you or not.  Anyways, that smoked fish looks awesome!

tater140

Looks fantastic Fishogger.  What was the initial part of that recipe... any brines etc..?  I'm rather new to smoking trout, however after a Sunday afternoon at Taxi's I have some fish to prepare.

taxid

Tater,

Feel free to post some pictures from todays fishing.

Here's Brad with a steelhead from today.

And a look at the variety you guys caught today. I can't remember if this is a picture of some of the fish Brad and his son caught or the fish you and Jackson caught. (The fish had been in the cooler for a while). Top to bottom:
Steelhead hen
Steelhead buck
Brown Trout Male
Brook Trout Male
Tiger Trout Male

tater140

Here is a couple more.  I didnt get any pics of the other two.  We had a great time and now have a pile of fillets to put on the smoker.  By the way Tater=Brad,
Jake and Jackson were friends of mine, and the little guy is a friend of mines son.  I have two daughters and neither one wanted to go, so i him up.  I knew he would really enjoy the opportunity.
I enjoyed seeing the pretty colors on the fish.

taxid

Here is a couple more.  I didnt get any pics of the other two.  We had a great time and now have a pile of fillets to put on the smoker.  By the way Tater=Brad,
Jake and Jackson were friends of mine, and the little guy is a friend of mines son.  I have two daughters and neither one wanted to go, so i him up.  I knew he would really enjoy the opportunity.
I enjoyed seeing the pretty colors on the fish.

Whoops I get confused when people use stage names. Sorry about that.  ;D

taxid

So far :

23 steelhead from 4 lbs. 2 oz. to 7 lbs. 7 oz.
5 Brown trout 1 lb. 8 oz. to 2 lbs. 4 oz.
3 Brooks Trout from 2 lb. 4 oz. to 3 lbs. 4 oz.
4 Tiger Trout from 1 lb. 8 oz. to 3 lbs. 7 oz.

The brown trout are the most common but the steelhead are so much larger and more aggressive they are hitting the baits before the browns get to them. I think there are maybe about a half a dozen steelhead left and the other species catch will pick up.

Sorry no new pictures. Customers are supposed to forward pics. I've been too busy weighing and tallying to take pics.

Should still be about 100 fish left if not more.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.