FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Southern Indiana Lakes  (Read 2206 times)

fishcrazy

Southern Indiana Lakes
« on: Nov 11, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Looking for suggestions for southeastern water for late season fishing. Looking for beautiful water not your best fishing hole. I enjoy a challenge. Anything close to US Hwy 41 would be appreciated. Don’t hate fishing in the snow just want to try some different stuff down south in warmer water.

fishinator

Re: Southern Indiana Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2019, 10:10 AM »
US 41 would be south west. If that's where you are looking you could try Greene Sullivan state forest. Tons of pits to try and little to no pressure. They are tough though.

fishcrazy

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2019, 11:24 AM »
My mistake ,Southwest Indiana.   I did a little research on those pits. Looks like my cup of tea. Thanks for the suggestion!

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2019, 06:18 PM »
X2...  Greene Sullivan and Hildebrand should keep you plenty busy if you have a canoe, kayak, or car topper.
It's trolling motors only and no real ramps for bigger boats at that. There's not too much fishable shoreline fishing
on an old strip pit. Decent fishing however for those willing to work at it.

fish on,

rivereddy

fishcrazy

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2019, 08:34 AM »
Hills brand looks great also thanks!  I live in the wrong part of the state. Looks like beautiful country around there. Time to dust off the kayak

redjones

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2019, 02:04 PM »
Those pits are gin clear,I mean clear clear,so it might be a good idea to take some really small dia. fluoro for leader material.
That and some ice fishing jigs will help you get started,I'm sure you know what your doing,just trying to help out a little,its really nice down that way,let us know how you do.

Good Luck........Greg

fishcrazy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Nice. Love to fish clear water. I will finesse and see how that goes thanks a lot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.