FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MN. Walleye Opener  (Read 5879 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
MN. Walleye Opener
« on: May 01, 2006, 07:42 PM »
Where is everyone going for walleye opener? I'm planing on Mille Lacs!

FisherGirl

• Thank God for fish.
Re: MN. Walleye Opener
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 12:13 AM »
I have to work, but during the week I am going to hit some smaller lakes around the Cloquet area.
HeeeEEEeeer fishy fishy fishy...

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 06:15 PM »
The walleye-northern pike opener is upon us again, anyone have any plans? I will hopefully be trying my Dads new boat out on Mille Lacs if they have it ready in time. The ice has just came off the big lake six days ago and I am ready for some action. This will be the first year I have a real big water boat to use, so I want to do some walleye fishing "deadliest catch" style. She is a 21' with a 350 Chevy I/O, bring on the ruff stuff! :evil:

My boat is a 14' with a 15hp, so my options are limited when the weather gets homely. :'(

Hard ice

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:12 PM »
Good luck Skipper ;)

crappiekeith

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 01:23 PM »
If I told ya ,then you'd know my best eye lake.I can't have that ::) :D

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 02:06 PM »
You have to fish Mille Lacs on opener, it is not so much for the fishing as it is for entertainment! Most years it is better than going to a circus!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 02:07 PM »
If I told ya ,then you'd know my best eye lake.I can't have that ::) :D

Dirty trunk sneak..... ;D

crappiekeith

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 08:00 AM »
You are right about the circus on the big pond.

I'll be on Round or Squag.

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 12:07 PM »
This is looking like it's gonna be the first year in my fishing life that I won't be on winnie for the opener.  Last year I didn't think i was gonna make it but some things happened and I was able to go, this year it's looking like it's gonna be a local metro lake.  Second weekend, though, I'm winnie bound!!!
Just for the heck of it, figured I'd post a pic of the best fish of last opener, about 5 lbs.  Nothing much but it was one of 3 times I got out for eyes last year. I don't remember if i posted this b/f, just lemme know if ya recognize it and i'll modify the post.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

crappiekeith

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 10:48 AM »
You gotta get out more.

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Oh, don't worry, I get out plenty, just not for eyes.  I usually get out at least once a week, but i've been almost exclusively bass fishing the last few years
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Anyone? :D

sageur

• wetter the water the better
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 12:07 AM »
going out tomorrow on St.Croix . Fishings been open for a weak on the Croix Hearing good reports. The water is high and a no wake rule has been instatuted gotta launch close to where im gonna fish

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 04:09 PM »
I have to work. :(

I have heard rumors of safe ice in the far northern portion of the state! The radio news was urging caution to any who dared to "ice fish the opener".

Good luck to you guys who are going! I have no big objection to going to work, the bite should be tough and the lakes will be busy.

I noticed one very strange thing today, there is no traffic on its way up north! ??? I live just off of US 169, the main trail up. In previous years the hi-way was packed with pickups, boats, and campers by this time of day. This year there are very few. I wonder how many people are just going to stay home due to the circumstances?

The current gas prices can put the hurt on you bad if you need to fill the pickup and boat. :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.