FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oil Country!  (Read 13152 times)

Chucker

Oil Country!
« on: Jun 05, 2006, 05:27 AM »
Can't believe no one's started a topic for The Cup yet.  Oilers in 6.  Roli for Conn Smythe.

tbone

• Canadian
Re: Oil Country!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I was going to say Oilers in 6 but for the sake of argument I'll say Oil in 5 ;D At least they have Chris Pronger and lots of guys that can win a faceoff.
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Oilers aren't going anywhere except 2nd runnerup to the Canes....they got lucky beating Detroit....and the Ducks just petered out.....no way..no chance...no how this team is going to beat the overall wealth of experience of the Canes...max.....6 games before they drink from Ole Stanley...maybe another couple decades or so...Grump

Chucker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2006, 09:05 PM »
More reverse psychology from Grump, eh?  ;D

Wallin and Ward must be kicking themselves right now.  Can't wait for the third to start!

devil-man

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2006, 09:13 PM »
I agree with Chucker- Oilers in 6.
Not that I give a rat's behind, but it'll be fun to watch.

Oh yeah- I hate the 'Canes now. Can you tell?  :P

Chucker

« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Bergeron may have just tanked the Oilers. 

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2006, 05:29 AM »
Wallin and Ward must be kicking themselves right now.  Can't wait for the third to start!
...and the "third" is over!!  ;D Grump

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2006, 08:03 AM »
What a finish!  The goal by Brind'Amour and that save by Ward with 3 seconds left!

It's kind of fun to watch a post season game/series and not care who wins.  It doesn't happen too often - I always root for the Pittsburgh teams and there are a lot of other teams I like to root against.  But this series, I can just watch and enjoy the hockey.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2006, 08:10 AM »
Whenever it involeves a Canadian team...I alway care who wins............

I still cant beleive that Rollie is gone for the series, it did not look that bad....Im hoping it is just some head games and we see him again in a few days....if not....the Cup is once again going where it does not belong

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Hey I watched the game I LOVE HOCKEY.
That crap of carolina crashing the net and making contact has been going on since the Jersey series.
Now a good series will turn to mush from a crap no call hit.
I buying my tickets for the sabres canes games next year behind the carolina bench. I believe I will be drinking Jim bean and cokes for the added effect.
Ward has been playng some excellent hockey, that stop at the end was sick.
Did not notice as many head shots as previously seen in some games.
One thing about old rod, someone will run him hard now that rollie is gone, revenge is a worldwide emotion.
Internet heros give it a rest!

Chucker

« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Hey I watched the game I LOVE HOCKEY.
That crap of carolina crashing the net and making contact has been going on since the Jersey series.
Now a good series will turn to mush from a crap no call hit.
<snippage>
One thing about old rod, someone will run him hard now that rollie is gone, revenge is a worldwide emotion.

That was all Bergeron, not the Canes.  He crammed Ladd or whomever it was right into his own goalie.  Somehow I doubt Conks will lead them to 4 wins.

squeellikeapig

« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2006, 07:40 AM »
Before Rolley was out I would have said Edmonton in 6. Now Carolina in 6 :-\
I'm from down on the farm.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Hey rollie had the puck and the guy continued to the net, Thats what I thought i saw, chucker you know what Iam talking about. Its just you have to do all ya can to protect em, kinda simple looking play with serious injuries for the oilers.
Lets see if the dish is served up to rod for his play,goal and faceoffs won. If I had a plenalty to spare I would make it count. Not just a cheap shot but run him into the boards everytime he touches the puck, if you get the call OOOOOWelll.
Good Luck to edmonton
Internet heros give it a rest!

blaque

« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2006, 03:35 PM »
the Cup is once again going where it does not belong

I back that 110% Junky. And im not even canadian. Nothing worse to me than watching a team from Carolina back into the stanley cup. Far as Im concerned, if its not Rick Jeanerette or Hockey night in canada.......its not worth watching, and if the team is beneath the great lakes, same deal..........try watching a phoenix coyotes/Tampa Bay Lightning game being commentated by a team of ESPN analysts. Its like watching paint dry.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #14 on: Jun 08, 2006, 07:35 AM »
At this point, I just hope the Oilers can win a couple of games in the series - just so it is a good series.  A sweep would suck big time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.