FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oil Country!  (Read 13154 times)

blaque

Re: Oil Country!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Yeah, the League has got to be less than thrilled about the way this ones turning out. This is the spotlight series for any new fans that might latch on to the sport, and if i was watching an NBA final or Baseball final that was going where this one looks like it may be (i despise both sports) I definitely wouldnt be back next year.  I know its only one lopsided game.  But it was pretty lopsided lol. I thought wards comments were interesting about Edmonton having a nation behind them when they go back to edmonton, and how if he werent playing for carolina, Hed be rooting for them too. That was out of the ordinary from most player interviews with the same old rehearsed and fed responses. I dont think Edmonton is done though. Sucks that Carolina squeeked thru the last series cuz they only played half a cup team. Cuz Buffalo/Edmonton would have been a much better series. I wont linger in the past though......for long anyway lol

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Wow Edmonton was cutting their own throats last night.
I felt they played good for 85% of the game some real bad decisions going on out there.

How crappy is the OLN announcing crew?
Recchi's goal was good just had to have decent eye sight to see the change of the flight path.
Internet heros give it a rest!

blaque

« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2006, 12:22 PM »

How crappy is the OLN announcing crew?

answer: They are the Prime Ministers of CRAPPYLAND

OTIS

« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2006, 06:35 AM »
Hockey doesn't belong below the Mason-Dixon line!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2006, 08:24 AM »
Yes A good old fashion mason dixon line comment, hockey should end Peen. and Maryland. 100%.

Prime minister of crappyland, thats going too easy on them. THEY STINK TO HIGH HELL!
Internet heros give it a rest!

Chucker

« Reply #20 on: Jun 10, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Beautiful rendition of O Canada by the hometown faithful.  Better job on our anthem than the folks in Carolina, too.

Chucker

« Reply #21 on: Jun 10, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Oh, and a (late?) observation....  Were the cameras on the bench side for OLN?  Not being able to see the lines change sucks.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #22 on: Jun 11, 2006, 08:39 AM »
Hey, its a series again!!!

buzzbomb

« Reply #23 on: Jun 11, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Not by much!  That was a close run thing last night and if it'd gone to OT I don't know if the Oilers would of had a 50/50 chance.  How many extra men do they have to have to score on a power play?  ::)    The goal whistled down because of the ref losing sight of the puck is just one of those unfortunate things and could happen in any game.  All those power plays though..... I don't think we see hooking and interference called that often in too many games.

Pikeguy

« Reply #24 on: Jun 13, 2006, 08:08 AM »
Well, the end of the 3rd was exciting (to me at least) Would like to have seen more shots taken by Edmonton but hey. :-\ Wish I could have watched the whole game!

blaque

« Reply #25 on: Jun 13, 2006, 08:20 AM »
A sad night in hockey history. Gonna be a long next 12 months for Mr. Stanley Cup representing the south. Well, hopefully any of the canadian players on the team will bring it to Canada for their time with it.

Pikeguy

« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 2006, 08:22 AM »
Hey now...don't give up! It aint over just yet ;)

blaque

« Reply #27 on: Jun 13, 2006, 08:37 AM »
Yeah i know, Im just bitter lol

Pikeguy

« Reply #28 on: Jun 13, 2006, 08:41 AM »
Yeah i know, Im just bitter lol

I hear ya. I'm from the states and even I don't think a hockey team from Carolina should have the cup  ::)

blaque

« Reply #29 on: Jun 13, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Im stateside as well lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.