FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oil Country!  (Read 13153 times)

Chucker

Re: Oil Country!
« Reply #45 on: Jun 18, 2006, 08:27 AM »
We pulled out all of the stops last night to force a Game 7.  Canadian microbrews and poutine.  Watched the game outside on the porch, threw empty peanut shells in the lawn, and clapped "Let's Go Oilers!" regularly.  It seems to have worked.   ;D

Maudite is good, strong stuff.  Go drink it - you won't be sorry.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #46 on: Jun 18, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Yikes.  Game 7.  Home game for the 'Canes, but the momentum is with the Oilers.  Would it be too much to ask for a triple overtime game!!!

I'll say it again - I have enjoyed following this series - and watching whenever I can.  Not having a rooting interest or a hated team is kind of cool.  Just trying to watch good hockey.

Although maybe the Pens could make the playoffs next year??!!?? ::)

Chucker

« Reply #47 on: Jun 19, 2006, 10:13 PM »
 :P

buzzbomb

« Reply #48 on: Jun 20, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Congratulations Hurricanes!  Good game, good series.  Did those guys ever look happy carrying that cup around!  Are there really more Canadian players on the 'Canes than on the Oilers?  I've been hearing that in the bar.  I think their fans will be back next year. ;D

Pikeguy

« Reply #49 on: Jun 20, 2006, 07:47 AM »
Pretty exciting and hard hitting game IMO.  ;D Lots of fun to watch.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #50 on: Jun 20, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Crap game call the head shots!!!!
Edmonton was the same victim as the sabres, good skaters for little pay no size and some goons from carolina with some talented players. they did play the physical game, but in a cheap fashion.
If ya took out rod B than they could have stood a chance!!
Whats up with him laying down the lumber late in the game?
Some should have punched that ticket long ago, lets hope that some young bucks will make him a target to prove themselves next year.
Hedican, commodore, wesley,stillmen Adams and ward ALL HAVE LARGE PAY BACKS NEXT YEAR!!!
Hedicam's penalty with a 2-1 lead late in the game is a prime example, why take a head shot with the lead in game 7 for the CUP?????Wisdh the oilers could have cashed in!!!
Internet heros give it a rest!

devil-man

« Reply #51 on: Jun 20, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Simmer down, my friend. It's over.
Yes- It did suck, but there's nothing you can do about it.
There will still be hockey next season.
Let's go fishing!!!

blaque

« Reply #52 on: Jun 20, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Devil-man, sometimes its better to just let it out :sick:........i feel his pain and will live vicariously through his rant

grumpymoe

« Reply #53 on: Jun 20, 2006, 03:37 PM »
congrats Carolina!!...like a few of them said after the game...nobody has any idea what determination, desire, and dedication it takes to win the Stanley Cup...even a little rough stuff towards the team you pull for is all part of what it takes to get there...both sides played the same way. you wont find anybody from the losing team whining about cheap shots or missed calls after a super series that we were treated to. job well done Canes and Oilers....and to the teams that were defeated along the way as well.....Grump

blaque

« Reply #54 on: Jun 20, 2006, 03:55 PM »
grump . i think you called the entire playoffs the whole way thru.........start callin you kreskin, nice predictions

grumpymoe

« Reply #55 on: Jun 20, 2006, 04:05 PM »
grump . i think you called the entire playoffs the whole way thru.........start callin you kreskin, nice predictions
...not quite!...picked Carolina for the Cup, but the Oilers did away with the other team that I figured would be battling the Canes..Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.