FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: where did this detroit team come from?  (Read 63380 times)

spoonfed

Re: where did this detroit team come from?
« Reply #210 on: Oct 24, 2006, 12:18 AM »
dirt my arse, when you wash dirt off it doesnt stain your hand :D
there already talking about the umps, he should have been tossed imediatly and his hand and rag taken for exams, if it was "dirty" then its an automatic 10 game suspension, also dirt is a legal substance, if it was dirt why was he asked to wash his hands?

well what ever it was it didn't make a difference in innings 2-8. not saying it is or was right how they handled it but after he did wash his hands he still pitched one heck of a game.  i'm not one who condones cheating and i don't know what it was but either way he still pitched good the rest of the game. you can't take that away from him.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #211 on: Oct 24, 2006, 06:46 AM »
I for one am not totally suprised by the fact that Kenny Rogers was "cheating". There are allot of ways to help yourself preform better. Im not saying what Rogers did was ok Im just saying if we knew all of the things that went on in Pro sports Id like to believe allot of us would be shocked.
They went back and looked at the tapes of the Oakland and New Yorks series and he did indeed have "dirt" ;) on his throwing hand in both of the other games that he pitched. He should have been ejected and suspended
In my opinion. with that all said

!! GO TIGERS !!
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #212 on: Oct 24, 2006, 07:08 AM »
i thought he pitched better after the "dirt" was gone....personally...i just hope nothing else comes of it...i for one dont want to see my team make the comebacks of all comebacks with a big blemish added to it.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #213 on: Oct 24, 2006, 07:13 AM »
Either way he still only allowed 2 hits with the "dirt" gone.   I'm sure it was something along the lines of pine tar but it was gone and he still threw an awesome game. 
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #214 on: Oct 24, 2006, 07:19 AM »
Thats the one thing I don't understand. He did pitch great after he washed his hands. But there was definitely a smudge on his pitching  hand through out the playoffs and even before. Just do a little internet searching there are photos everywhere. ???
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

flockshot

« Reply #215 on: Oct 24, 2006, 07:36 AM »
like i said before..he pitch's good without the smudge..why blemish the team like that.

spoonfed

« Reply #216 on: Oct 24, 2006, 07:47 AM »
pine tar,  corked bats,  dirt, or clear spray whats the difference when they shoot the juice. like pinche said if we all knew of  what really went on in pro sports we'd all be picking our jaws up off the ground.  kenny isn't the first or will he be the last to use something to better his performance.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

flockshot

« Reply #217 on: Oct 24, 2006, 08:27 AM »
it was a while ago..but do you guys remember that guy who would quickly chew on the ball to create a ruff spot on it. i couldnt believe that.

archbishop

« Reply #218 on: Oct 24, 2006, 09:41 AM »
like i said before..he pitch's good without the smudge..why blemish the team like that.

this isnt his first questionable game, i believe at one time he was the worst ever post season pitcher? once the pine tar base is down you can spray stick'em on your hand and its clear and doesnt run and works just about the same, thats why its not a offence where you just wash it off or get a warning after 1 inning, a questionable substance is automatic ejection form the present game and if found to be illegal its an automatic 10 game or 10 day (i cant remember) suspension, but he should have been ejected right then and there, im not blemishing the team or the coach, just the player :tipup: put yourself on the other teams fan base, how would you feel then ??? or the next time, hell or the last time a person was ejected for the same thing, yet this guy gets away with it in the world series ???

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #219 on: Oct 24, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Yes but LaRussa and the Cards said it was a non issue.  So only the media seems to be whining about the whole thing.   Its basically the anti Detroit media trying to conjure up reasons why a Detroit team is in a championship.   
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

flockshot

« Reply #220 on: Oct 24, 2006, 10:55 AM »
yeah im not saying he was right..if it was an illegal substance then he should have been ejected..i agree with that one hundred percent...and by blemish i ment that its a shame that the action of one would effect a whole team like that. but it seems that nobody but the media is very concerned with it..now if it comes out it was illegal then by all means...screw him. theres no room for blatent cheating in the world series.  but if the umps, the cards, and the league are not pushing it...then the media should let it go as well...chasers got a point...when a detroit team makes it this far...they are never given the due credit they deserve. the cards played like crap in game two..despite the pitching. just as the tigers played like crap in game one. thats the real story.

archbishop

« Reply #221 on: Oct 24, 2006, 11:39 AM »
lol, im just messing with you guys :D im rooting for the tigers :tipup:

spoonfed

« Reply #222 on: Oct 24, 2006, 10:53 PM »
the tigs did not look so good tonite. :unsure: we need to win game 4 or i think its over. i'm begining to wonder if that lay over is affecting us some.  we just didn't seem like we came to play at all.  not taking away the awesome pitching from carpenter, but we need to start hitting the ball  !!!!

archbishop

« Reply #223 on: Oct 24, 2006, 11:50 PM »
the tigs did not look so good tonite. :unsure: we need to win game 4 or i think its over. i'm begining to wonder if that lay over is affecting us some.  we just didn't seem like we came to play at all.  not taking away the awesome pitching from carpenter, but we need to start hitting the ball  !!!!

its really going to make people think about how the guy with the worst record in playoff history has had such a great playoff run this year :-\ not to mention the stain on the hand ;) well have to see how things go if they get to game six and he pitches again under a microscope :tipup:

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #224 on: Oct 25, 2006, 05:14 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.