FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Ten  (Read 13238 times)

archbishop

Big Ten
« on: Aug 27, 2006, 09:52 AM »
well i have noticed that majority of the college football fans are rooting for the big ten :tipup:
at least the ones that know football ;) anyway i figured i would post the schedules for '06 :tipup:

http://www.goldfan.com/bigten_football_schedule.shtml

archbishop

Re: Big Ten
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2006, 10:01 AM »
***censored****, how does purdue get these easy schedules? no michigan or ohio state AGAIN :o they have wisconsin and penn state at home ??? the only real game they have on the road is notre dame ??? then they end the season down in hawaii for a vacation ??? again ***censored**** ???

michigan is at notre dame, at penn state, at ohio state ***censored**** ???
im done venting now ;D

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Way to respond to your own post, J.  :D ;)

spoonfed

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2006, 11:09 AM »
i being a GO BLUE fan myself often wondered how a team like florida state ( who always plays a bunch of small schools) can always be rated above michigan and other big ten schools.  imo the big ten is one of if not the hardest conferences in the country but never gets the status they deserve.  ???   college football to me is more of a game than the NFL ( with all the winey babies they have getting millions to play only when they feel like it)  but it is also so screwed up with how they rank teams.  seems more based on t.v time and the media than on field play.  these guys play for heart and not money.  the love of the game.  michigan should of won the national championship out right but had to share it because of popularity of the other school.

now as far as toughness of schedule i'm glad to see michigan with a tough schedule it can only help in the rankings.  if they rank them the way they are suppose to.  but if michigan loses one game they drop in the standings alot further than say florida, florida state does.  ???

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2006, 11:12 AM »
Way to respond to your own post, J.  :D ;)

lol, i replyed because i jus noticed that for the second year in a row purdue has no michigan or ohio state on their schedule ???

the tough schedule is fine, but man, all 3 big games on the road :o
oh well, i still think its henne and harts year :tipup:

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Penn State's schedule is tough, but not as tough as Michigan's.

PSU is at Notre Dame, Ohio State and Wisconsin and has Michigan at home.

And of course there is that November 11 showdown with Temple! ::)

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2006, 03:38 PM »
And of course there is that November 11 showdown with Temple! ::)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

well if you want a good game, you should watch the showdown on nov. 4th between michigan and ball state :laugh:

luckily the game is in ann arbor :laugh:

archbishop

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2006, 06:04 PM »
notre dame slams penn st. :o
ball st. is smackin indiana early in the 1st 14-0
rutgers spanks illinois

pike hound

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2006, 04:01 PM »
I agree 100% with spoonfed!!!!!!

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: Sep 23, 2006, 06:39 PM »
WOO HOO, GO BLUE :tipup:

scansy

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Ugh.  Penn State played OSU like the young inexperienced team.  Don't let the 28-6 score fool you into thinking it was a blowout.  PSU leads 3-0 at the half.

In the second half, they intercept early and return to the OSU 25.  All they get is a lousy missed FG.  Later, with OSU up 14-3, PSU is first and goal and only gets a FG.  Now, with 3 minutes left, its 14-6 and PSU gets a couple of first downs to around mid-field.  Then the pick and return for TD makes it 21-6 and the lights are off and the party is over.  Another pick for TD a couple of plays later for the final score.

OSU showed veteran leadership yesterday.  Hopefully PSU can learn a few things going forward.

Now - I want OSU to run the table for the sake of the Big Ten.

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: Sep 24, 2006, 09:32 AM »
it was a blowout :laugh: its just no one told OSU the first half had started until after half time :laugh:

why would you want OSU to run the table for the sake of the big ten ??? which, we all know they arent ;)

ps, i was rooting hard for penn state :-\

scansy

« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2006, 06:35 AM »
I guess it would be OK for UM to run the table. :-\

But somehow it would be a little bit painful too.  Not sure why - but I would rather see OSU do it.

archbishop

« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2006, 07:35 AM »
I guess it would be OK for UM to run the table. :-\

But somehow it would be a little bit painful too.  Not sure why - but I would rather see OSU do it.

because OSU slammed penn state already, so you want them to win it all so you can say, well we lost to the champs, oih well, plus you probably have a bad taste in your mouth from penn states 1 loss last year ;)

scansy

« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2006, 12:46 PM »
because OSU slammed penn state already, so you want them to win it all so you can say, well we lost to the champs, oih well, plus you probably have a bad taste in your mouth from penn states 1 loss last year ;)

Wrong on the first thought - I don't buy into that "Hey, we lost to them and they won the championship so it was a good loss" crap.  A loss is a loss.  No moral victories.

Absolutely right on the second though. >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.