FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Sabres Logo is in the Ice.  (Read 9417 times)

archbishop

Re: New Sabres Logo is in the Ice.
« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 2006, 02:01 PM »
They change it so people will run out and buy the new gear.

exactly :tipup:

thats why almost every jersey you buy has the players last name on it, itll only be good for a year or two, then you have to buy a new one with the new players name on it :-\

blaque

« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2006, 02:33 PM »
BIG SCAM!!  :cursing:

archbishop

« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2006, 03:09 PM »
BIG SCAM!!  :cursing:

i bet majority of the fans go retro and wear the old jersey :tipup:
those new ones are ugly as sin :tipup: i would even wager they make more jersey's than they sell and switch back next year or try another new one :-\

blaque

« Reply #18 on: Sep 13, 2006, 03:48 PM »
My thoughts exactly. We can control this (the fans) EXTREMELY easily. Buy no new merchanise......make them no revenue on it, and youll see Quinn and the organization open their ears in a  hurry to listen to what the fans wanted in teh first place. I will give it until the entire package is revealed, Ill be fair and give them the chance to reveal the whole jersey (apparently they say it looks better than the logo on its own) . After that........if we dont like them still, we oughtta buy the old style jerseys till they cant keep up with them. Hopefully thatll change things for next year. Shame on Larry Quinn for ignoring thousands upon thousands of fans opinions. WE DONT LIKE IT!!! and this team is a huge part of our lives in the winter months of western NY. Hes proven that he doesnt respect our say or believes we shouldnt have a say in it. And its not just the local fans, its NHL wide that has ridiculed this logo already.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #19 on: Sep 13, 2006, 04:05 PM »
thats why almost every jersey you buy has the players last name on it, itll only be good for a year or two, then you have to buy a new one with the new players name on it :-\

I still have a Jagr jersey from Pittsburgh.  It even has the "A" on it.

pikeon

« Reply #20 on: Sep 14, 2006, 08:08 AM »
It's time to put the old logo to bed. Adelphia and the Rigas's are gone. The "NO Goal" game is a distant memory, but still painful. This year marks the 10th year anniversary of the HSBC Arena. doesn't seem like. 10 years of that building sitting alone on the waterfront. The new colors are Blue and Gold but aren't the original Blue and Gold. The over all uniform, pants ,socks, etc. look good together. Nothing will ever look as good as the original. I'm glad we'll see it used for the 16 games this season. The sale of new jerseys will be geared towards the young new fans. I doubt that many older fans will be interested in a new jersey. ( unless they win the cup ). But the kids will want new jersey. They are the future fans. I'm mostly concern with the product on the ice. The expectations can't get any higher. We are picked to win it all by SI. The kiss of death!

archbishop

« Reply #21 on: Sep 14, 2006, 08:12 AM »
true, the kids are the future fans, but the parents buy the tickets and jerseys, this is going to flop :tipup:
and your nuts saying these look good, it looks like a slug :P

blaque

« Reply #22 on: Sep 14, 2006, 08:28 AM »
Ive heard that its better as an overall package, (entire uniform) but i dunno. Pike, have you seen the entire presentation?

Arch, thats so true......the little rugrats will "want" the new jersey, i agree........but your bang on with the fact that they wont be buying anything.....the parents that have a tie to the nostalgia of the team will be. And these days.......that covers "kids" all the way up to their early twenties........basement livin, food leechin, professional students lol (j/k kinda) That REALLY slims down teh market for teh new jersey

archbishop

« Reply #23 on: Sep 14, 2006, 08:32 AM »
pam anderson is a great overall package, but each part still looks good on its own, unlike the new uni's :tipup:

i really dont understand this, all the BS about them changing it, all the complaints and people getting upset, then they unvail the new logo and nuts really hits the fan with the public, and yet they are still going with it ???

blaque

« Reply #24 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:13 AM »
Thats just it, some dummy or group of dummies invested in it before consulting with anyone who has a crumb of taste or common sense, no turning back after that i guess.  The design makes no sense.......but then again, dont the powers that be in this area always leave us scratching our heads. I dont get it either arch. We are going to be the new vancouver canucks,  (that uniform is still branded in the memory banks)

archbishop

« Reply #25 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:32 AM »
like i said, its going to flop, the only person who says anything positive about this disaster of a new logo is pikeon, and he works either for the arena or the sabres, so he is probably trying to promote it, i have talked to probably hundreds of people who think this is a horrible idea and whoever thought of it should be shot :tipup:
other than pikeon, i have not heard one, not even a glimmer of some one saying something good about it :tipup:

pikeon

« Reply #26 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:34 AM »
The new uniform and logo process started over a year ago. It has to go to the NHL for approval. The Sabres are part of the over all NHL marketing plan. The final decision was theirs to make. If your a x-box or play station fanatic you'll be able to see all the new uniforms with the release of the NHL 2006-07 games that come out this week. The Sabres have an open practice this Saturday and will have the new uniforms on. I'm sure it will be all over news. Golisano has put his money and his stamp of approval on everything. I'm just glad the team is still here and we have something to debate!

archbishop

« Reply #27 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:41 AM »
the NHL didnt get this ball rolling, some idiot over there got this idea in someones head, dont go blaming the NHL for anything, the like the idea of jersey changes because they get some of that new money as well, but the just approved it, they didnt go to golisano and say, het =, we have been thinking, why dont you put a dumb slug on your jersey even though ever since it was first show the fansd have been negative, the sabres did that to themselves, the NHL just approved it :tipup: i remember earlier in the year when it was shown on the ch. 4 news, the newscaster were picking on it, and the sportscaster were saying they doubted it would be the new logo because of all the negative feedback, yet the sabres brought it to the NHL anyway, some idiot is going to pay for this flop :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #28 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:43 AM »
I'm just glad the team is still here and we have something to debate!

thats a good point, maybe he is trying to get the fans against the sabres so he can move them over to rochester ???

pikeon

« Reply #29 on: Sep 14, 2006, 11:30 AM »
I'm not trying to promote the new logo, I think I've become used to it because I see it more frequently. I am a guy that was laid off during the strike and brought back as a "PT seasonable worker". Basically that means I lost my FT job with all benifits with out the possibility of unemployment at the end of the season. Not looking for sympathy here, I'm just like the majority of hard working people that are stuck in our BOOMING economy. Golisano doesn't make a billion by spending it. Believe me there is no love lost! I'm sure there are about a 100 other former employees that feel the same way. The buck stops at the top on this decision with the uniforms. Quinn gets paid to take the heat. Sorry, I almost got going on a whole new ( old ) topic. I miss the original uniforms along with the Knox family owning the team. They didn't make money but i quess for them  the money wasn't the motivating factor.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.