FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest eyewall???  (Read 57002 times)

mrwalleye

Re: Biggest eyewall???
« Reply #60 on: Sep 22, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Alright what's your biggest wallywacker.  I have lots of pet names for these fish cause they are my absolute favorite fish of all time since I was about 6 years old.  They just intrigue me for some reason and I guess everybody has to have a favorite something.  My largest walleye was 12lbs from the lower Oswego river a big old harbor eye.  How bout you???  Remember no fish stories here please just the facts man just the facts!!!
31 inches.  my first eye ever.  caught it by sight, jigging off a dock on the st claire river.  i was using one of those propeller jigs, green, with a piece of nightcrawler on it, he was resting in the current behind a piling.  just put it right in his face, and he took it so light, i never even woulda known a fish hit

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #61 on: Sep 28, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Biggest was 28", approx 8lbs.  caught in 4ft of water on a jig and salty....no net, so I landed it in the only thing I had in the boat....a plastic bag.  GF was in the boat, she was soiling her self (way to big for her) :).

jf5

« Reply #62 on: Dec 16, 2005, 06:01 PM »
WOW, nice fish guys. NY's got some awesome eyes.

My biggest monster was a 22" 4lb fish through the ice in VT.  The fish here make it look like a minnow.  :D

Hoping to get a monster this winter through the ice on Champlain, or maybe on the Oswego  in May...

Keep up the good work guys...

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #63 on: Jan 03, 2006, 10:50 PM »
My personal best eye is 6 + pounds, don't knwo the weight as it turned into fillet's and then went into the freezer.     But as for my actual actual Rod and reel?    2 pounds maybe?   

I know of a river that holds 15 pound hens come spring so I might have an update, at that point
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

flukehit

« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2006, 06:20 PM »
20 " out of Saratoga Lake 2 weeks ago. Im new to ice fishing.

Lost a 24" walleye.

How do I know?

My buddy caught it an hour later and when he filleted it the hook and bait I was using was in it. Some how my improved cinch knot let loose. Now I take extra time to tie my knots. I knew it was a good size fish when I had it hooked for a minute. Live and learn.

Marcus

« Reply #65 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:56 PM »
my first ever walleye 32 3/4"  10# lake erie    worm harnesses . Only problem is that is all I want to fish for now

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #66 on: Mar 19, 2006, 11:32 AM »
23" Walleye out of Saratoga.

Fishingking

« Reply #67 on: Mar 19, 2006, 06:10 PM »
You mounted the 23"er or thats your biggest to date. It was very fat and healthy :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #68 on: Mar 19, 2006, 08:21 PM »
I want to say 32 or 33" long and 11.5lbs. Lake Erie Western basin. Orange Jighead/Orange & Yellow twister tail, tipped with a minnow. 6'6" Shakespear Rod, 6lb test Berkly SensiThin.

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #69 on: Mar 19, 2006, 08:23 PM »
drifting n jigging thats what i call fishing , not trolling with 20# line n draggin them in
OR      [IMG]

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #70 on: Mar 20, 2006, 08:45 AM »
my biggest eye is 30" 9.5# trolling in lake Erie last June. my first ever walleye on the my new boat.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

pizalm

• drop the hammer
« Reply #71 on: Apr 05, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Biggest 'eye was 25 inches while I was ice fishing. I've only caught one open water sadly and it was a whopping 16.5". :'(

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #72 on: Apr 06, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Trolling for walleyes has to be the most overated "fishing" experience. I've trolled for them, and caught them, and its like dragging in plastic bag. I'm not a fan. Not criticising, just making a statment of my own opinion.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #73 on: Apr 06, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Trolling for walleyes has to be the most overated "fishing" experience. I've trolled for them, and caught them, and its like dragging in plastic bag. I'm not a fan. Not criticising, just making a statment of my own opinion.

I look at trolling as a good way to put meat in the boat, and use it only as a last resort...Personally I would rather do pretty much anything else...

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #74 on: Apr 06, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Yup, pretty much what I was saying...good way to harvest some fish, horrible way to catch them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.