FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappie Fishing Techniques  (Read 10573 times)

sparkie

Re: Crappie Fishing Techniques
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2004, 08:04 PM »
Once the water warms up I like to troll with a HOt n Tot or Rapala type lure about 10-15 down when the crappie suspend out in the middle of the lake.  We are only allowed 2 poles, so this helps cover alot more water than casting or drifting. 

shwung79

• Bite My Worm!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2004, 08:24 AM »
For the split shot rig I just crimp a small weight about 18"  in front of a Gamagatsu hook with a "Lunker City" (They make Slug go)  Fin S had.  You just cast it out let it sink then pull back on rod about a foot, let sink again, reel in slack, then start the process over again.  Anybody know what I mean? ;D
Kevin McGrath

nuke1neil

« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2004, 07:41 PM »
Almost forgot,

Does anyone use two baits/jigs tied to one line or does that spook'em?
That's a great technique,we use it when nightfishing because we almost always fish vertical.Tie them 18-24 in.apart.

nuke1neil

« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2004, 07:43 PM »
For the split shot rig I just crimp a small weight about 18"  in front of a Gamagatsu hook with a "Lunker City" (They make Slug go)  Fin S had.  You just cast it out let it sink then pull back on rod about a foot, let sink again, reel in slack, then start the process over again.  Anybody know what I mean? ;D
That's how I like to rubber worm fish for bass with the texas rig.Works great for them.Should work for crappies as long as they are near the bottom of course.

ice dude

« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2005, 02:16 AM »
The way i do the best is to drill a 8" hole about 6 of em, 3 light action rods about 2-3' long and a bucket of minnows.  ;D :tipup:

fastribs85

« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2006, 10:38 PM »
The way i do the best is to drill a 8" hole about 6 of em, 3 light action rods about 2-3' long and a bucket of minnows.  ;D :tipup:

thats the best way i like to do it unfortunately not this year
 :'( :'( :'(
naked women and beer we got it all in here

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2006, 11:25 PM »
 drifting for calicos has always worked good for me.
 Set out as many poles as you can with different baits and let the wind take care of the rest. when you hit em, drop anchor and follow up with what you caught em on. You cover a lot of water and get a good idea of what they want when you get into them. Chartruese jigs are always a good place to start.

JD
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.