FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ice off 2024  (Read 648 times)

fish/hunt4ever

Ice off 2024
« on: Feb 01, 2024, 09:12 PM »
I know that it is only the first of February but figured with the warmer Temps this year when everyone was thinking that the boats should be ready to hit the water this year. I am guessing around here boysen and ocean will be the end of March like a couple years ago, glendo might be the end of February as well as pathfinder and alcova. Keyhole might be at this time but most likely the middle of March. Not really wanting the ice to go away but glad we are having a safe ice season around me at least.

fish/hunt4ever

Re: Ice off 2024
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2024, 11:01 AM »
Sounds like some lakes are open in the southern part of the state, looks like the end of March for the ones around here unless we get a warm wind  to take the ice off faster. Fished this weekend on 2 foot of ice and the top was a little soft but would firm right up at night. So now it the time to sit back and wait for the open water and get the boat ready.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2024, 05:59 PM »
Just seen on the web cam that glendo blew open this weekend. All the other lakes around the state will not be too long if we keep getting the wind. Boysen has some open water around just nothing to open yet.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2024, 10:22 AM »
Looks like Boysen is getting close, heard you could unload a boat at the marina and fish down by the dam, my only concern is if the wind came up and pushed ice into the east side of the lake blocking you from getting to the ramp again, the next couple of days the ice might be melted enough to be past the boat ramp bay.  Need to check ocean but report was the lake still looked white from the report I received yesterday afternoon.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2024, 10:35 AM »
Just in case anyone is watching this and wanting to know, Boysen state park has put the boat docks in at the main boat ramp by the marina.  Looks like time to get out and troll along the ice edge and see what I can catch, still need to check ocean lake out and see how the ice off is going there as well.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2024, 10:13 AM »
Ocean lake only about 10 percent open so will be a bit still on that one, Temps next week looks like it will help and some wind a couple days will get it moving.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.