FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eagles Fans on MFF  (Read 6178 times)

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
Eagles Fans on MFF
« on: Apr 23, 2009, 02:03 PM »
I was just wandering how many Philadelphia Eagles Fans there were here on MFF?

I guess you could say...Post anything EAGLES! here.
With the upcoming NFL Draft this weekend...I was wondering if I was one of just a few nuts that get into
the draft, or if there were many?
I also wonder as an Eagles fan. Why is Brian Dawkins a Denver Bronco, and why the team couldn't resign Jon Runyan to a contract to finish his career in Philly? Both of them are in their final years in the NFL.
And I know Philly doesn't like keeping much of anyone once they hit 30yrs. old, but those 2 players as far as I'm concerned, were the biggest leaders and motivators on the team, much more than McNabb will ever be. Dawkins has lost a step, but he is still better than 98% of the rest of the safeties in the league, and I don't ever recall Runyan being a liability on the line. Both of these guys would definitely be the best teachers for the young guys they bring in there to learn from. I might add, that I really wish they would move McNabb. That guy will never bring a championship to Philly. He's had his chances, and I'm sick of the wasted years. I've always been an Eagles fan, and always will be. But, some of these moves and non-moves is just enough to make ya' scream.
Well anyway, as fans we don't sign the checks and have no control of the transactions, but we can have fun talkin' about it.
With that said...Who do y'all think the Eagles pick in the 1st rd. of the draft, or do ya' think they might make another trade?...

I think with their first pick, no. 21 will be- K. Moreno RB from Georgia
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
Re: Eagles Fans on MFF
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2009, 08:20 PM »
I BLEED GREEN!!... with that said Ed, you know Reid is gonna sign a linesman...it never fails!
    A Country Boy can Survive!

mobey3

• clinging to my guns and religion...and fish
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2009, 06:30 PM »
What did ya think of the draft- I'm not much of a draft fan but I think they did ok.  I agree with the whole runyan and dawk thing!!  Both of those guys were invaluable to the eagles and should've retired in green!  And runyan was NEVER a liability...even now!!  And what is all the hype about trying to get a new TE.  I think celek can be a very good starter, any thoughts?    And I am a mcnabb fan but if the guy would stop throwing behind everyone and stop throwing at their knees then maybe we would not have a problem with our recieving corp.  Just a couple thoughts to throw out at ya!

salmonrebel

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2009, 01:20 PM »
What did ya think of the draft- I'm not much of a draft fan but I think they did ok.  I agree with the whole runyan and dawk thing!!  Both of those guys were invaluable to the eagles and should've retired in green!  And runyan was NEVER a liability...even now!!  And what is all the hype about trying to get a new TE.  I think celek can be a very good starter, any thoughts?    And I am a mcnabb fan but if the guy would stop throwing behind everyone and stop throwing at their knees then maybe we would not have a problem with our recieving corp.  Just a couple thoughts to throw out at ya!

Yeah, I think they did very well. Especially, putting into the fact that they traded away their no. 28 pick in the 1st rd. and 4th rounder to Buffalo for that left tackle- J. Peters(2 time ALL PRO). He's young yet, and the Eagles were definitely not going to get a definite talent like that with the 28th pick of the draft. On paper,...it looks like the Eagles hit a home-run this year with the draft and a couple other free agent signings. If that wide reciever(J. Macklin) that they drafted pans out, and the running back(L. McCoy) is as good as advertised, the Eagles will be set for years to come at those 2 positions. The only other thing I would of liked to of seen, is the center position on the O-line addressed. They also traded away with what I think it was their 3rd rd. pick for that cornerback from NE(Ellis Hobbs). I really don't know much about him, but from what I heard, he's a good kick returner as well as a good corner.
As far as the TE position. That was an area of need, just because they needed another one on the roster. I am a big fan of Celek, and think he will be the #1 TE on the Eagles. It sure wont hurt to have 2 really good TE's on the team. That TE- C. Ingram was a steal for the Eagles at the 5th rd. All in all, for the draft. I think they got fantastic value for probably every pick. This just may be Reid's best draft ever. Outside of center, the O-line is set for years. I doubt it will happen, but if the Eagles were to still pull off a trade for J. Peppers from the C. Panthers, that would be the icing on the cake, not like it's needed, but man would that be nice.
When it comes to McNabb. I was one of the few Eagles fans that I know of that was extatic about Reid picking him from the draft. I watched alot of the Syracuse games before he came out, and knew he was good, and better than anything else the Eagles could of gotten at that time-frame. But, as time has gone on, we all have seen that he is NOT an accurate passer, and he folds under pressure during the biggest games. Just like you've brought up, with him throwing the ball to the ground so often, instead of taking that chance for the reciever to catch the ball. That's why his interception percentage is so low, because he throws the ball way to often, for no-one to get it, and alot of the time when he does, his inaccuracy problems show up. Maybe, he gets lucky, and finally wins a championship for Philly, who knows...Me personally, it makes me sick inside, that he probably played well enough, that the Eagles are going to sign him to another HUGE contract, only for it to fall flat for another 3 years. I think his best football is behind him, and it's time to move on...I hope I'm wrong though, and they win.
Saying that, I don't find myself as excited when the Eagles go to the playoffs, because I pretty much know McNabb's gonna eventually crumble under the pressure.

By the way...I am a huge Flyers fan too, and love your signiture. It sucks that they lost to the Pens, and they're out of it again this year. >:(
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

mobey3

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Hockey is my favorite sport- the flyers won their first cup when I was in second grade.  I swear I really do bleed orange!!

So, is Kolb our savior?  ??? :'(

But, yes I agree that this probably was Reid's best draft.  And I think they should hang on to sheldon brown...until someone comes asking about him.  Brown is still needed, depth at corner is a must, but if they can get something for him let him have the trade he wants.

salmonrebel

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:39 AM »
Yeah, I have some orange in my blood too. I love hockey, at least as much, if not more than
the 'touch' football the pro's are playing these days. Pretty soon the NFL jerseys will be too-toos!, and they'll actually will be playing 2 hand touch!, if they keep making up more of these penalties to protect the players, playing so-called tackle football!...I wish it would go back to the old days, and let the defense play the game too.
That's why I love hockey. But, even that sport, they're trying to make it less aggressive! ::)
I mean,...hockey is basically a street-fight on ice, with sticks...You gotta love that! :laugh:

Gettin' back to the Eagles.
You mentioned, if I thought, Kolb could be the savior for the team?...
I don't know...I do know, that where he came from(Houston). When he was in college, he pretty much single handly won some games on a bad team, against some top-notch competition, that they weren't even supposed to compete against. I don't think it was fair that Reid put him in against Balt. last year. I really believe that he put him in there to fail, because at the time that happened, everyone was ready to ship, both him and McNabb outta Philly. Most everyone saw enough of McNabb, myself included, and felt it was time for the team to move on. He put Kolb in way too early, when Balt. wasn't leading by much, and plenty of time in the game left, against one of the top defenses in the league, and hardly any practice if any at all with the 1st teamers leading up to it. If he was going to make a switch at QB, he should of done it through the week before the game, or for the next one.
When it comes to McNabb. I'm so sick of seeing this guy after he has a bad series or 2 hangin' his head, or puking from the pressure, bringing down the whole team. I remember watching an Eagles game a couple years ago when McNabb came out from halftime hangin his head, and the whole team basically already threw in the towel, except for Kolb, trying to get everyone motivated! That spoke volumnes to me. Just to see someone that sure seems passinate about not giving up. Outside of him, it was only Runyan and Dawkins that showed any care about not giving up. Saying all I said. I think he could play, and play well. I would rather go thru another somewhat down season, while he gets acclimated. Then the following year make a run in the playoffs.
Like I've said before. I have serious doubts that McNabb will win a championship,...unless the defense wins it for him. Kolb is an unknown commotity. And I would rather go with someone that hasn't been there at this point than, someone we've seen way too many times give the big games away.
Although from the looks of it. It looks like it's McNabb or bust!  For another few more wasted years at least.
I know this might sound bad, and I really don't wish anyone hurt. But, I hope he goes down. Unless he totally plays like crap, he will be the starter as long as Reid's the coach.
I've been an Eagles fan all my life, and always will be. But I'm sick of being teased from year to year. Don't mean to be negative about the McNabb situation. It's only my opinion, and who knows?...Maybe they will win one in our lifetime!
Thank God, I dwelled that long about McNabb. :laugh:
As far as S. Brown...
I think he's a good player. But demanding a new contract right now with his situation. I don't think there's any call for it. I would say that it's just plain and simple greed. The money those guys get paid in the first place is absolutely absurd. I'm going out on a limb, and I know it probably won't happen. But, if the Eagles were to package S. Brown and something else with him, for...lets say J. Peppers from Carolina. I'd say bah-bye! in a heart-beat.
One thing's for sure...with what we've seen so far in the off-season. If the Eagles don't make a run in 2009, there is a definite problem.
Oh yea, one more thing. I was wrong about the Eagles using a 3rd rd. pick in the draft for that NE corner- E. Hobbs. They used 2- 5th rounders for him. Seems to be pretty good value, especially seeing that he could help with the kick returns also.
Besides being an insurance policy for the S. Brown situation.

junior88

• Captain Insano Shows No Mercy !
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 04:24 AM »
GO STEELERS 1

salmonrebel

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 06:20 PM »
GO STEELERS 1
I think you need to make your own thread. :-*

E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S!.......EAGLES!!!

mobey3

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 08:04 PM »
I'm in steeler and penguin territory and I  hate it!!  Oh well, not gonna uproot the family just so I can have friendlier surroundings!  After all, I knew what I was getting into when I moved up here -- Erie. 
 Anyway,  ya, Kolb, he is kind of an unknown and like you said, he needs more development and I think he potentially could be ok- keeping my fingers crossed!  And Mcnabb- if healthy can do things but you are right- not sure if he can win the big one.
 I, too, have been an Eagles fan since I can remember.  And that goes for the Flyers and Phils.  I used to be a sixers fan when basketball was a game. The Doctor and Bobby Jones- Wow!  Now it's thugs runnin' and gunnin' and it ain't for me!
And this is a football post but, you brought up the hockey thing and I can't pass up a chance to ramble a little bit.  They are trying to sissify hockey.  That darn obstruction rule, I know why they did it but it stinks!!  It all started with Mario and his "they're clutching and grabbing me!"  So they want the game opened up.  Now, the action can be good but I do not want to see a hockey game that is 9-7.  I really liked it when the games were hard hitting and close checking and you would get a good goalie duel with a 0-0 tie!!!  I know the league and penguin fans would never go for that but that is when hockey was good.  Now the league protects its pretty boys but they still won't real in the dives!!!  Mario was the king of the dive and he taught his star pupil everything he knows.  Wow, if anyone else reads this I'm gonna hear about it, just you wait!!
Oh well, I gotta go for now, I just got called into work.
Talk to you again!

salmonrebel

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Yea, as far as the Eagles and McNabb. It's only my opinion. I will aways root for the Eagles reguardless.
I never was a basketball fan, but agree with you entirely. I root for Philly for all the sports.
Good to see the Phils bring home the penant last year! :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
And one thing's for sure. You'll never see another "Broad Street Bullies" team again for the Flyers with
the rules they now have in the NHL.

infectedtoe1952

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 06:15 AM »
mcnabb went to syracuse u and i lived most of my life there enough said. same with csonka

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.