FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ROUND 2 OF THE NHL PLAYOFFS  (Read 30561 times)

squirrelhunterjay

Re: ROUND 2 OF THE NHL PLAYOFFS
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 09:49 PM »
wings win game one.  Im smelling a sweep again
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like heck and make up lies......

crosscobra

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 08:09 AM »
dont jinx it jay! lol how about that hit on hudler last night? WOW we will see what gets handed down from that

topher7694

• Here fishy fishy fishy.....
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Anaheim is a real tough team...I know the Wings will win the series, but I'm gonna say in 5 games     GO WINGS GO :thumbup_smilie:
I've got thousands invested, she's got a $20 combo and a can of worms--I get out fished EVERY time--Gotta Love It !!

The Splash

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 12:17 PM »
  4:00 minutes in Crosby splits the defense and scores on a wrister!
    STEELIE, wheres that Crosby bashing ya like to do? :P

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 12:20 PM »
Still sucks splash.... Dont care if he scores 100 millions goals in one game playing by himself. Dont like em, never will.  Just like some of the guys that are on TV hunting or fishing.  I cant stand some of em.
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

Pajns

• Ya just GOTTA Love it!!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 12:33 PM »
Oppppps!!!!!     Tied up.    Ouch!!!   Caps ahead 1.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

The Splash

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Still sucks splash.... Dont care if he scores 100 millions goals in one game playing by himself. Dont like em, never will.  Just like some of the guys that are on TV hunting or fishing.  I cant stand some of em.
  Hahahaha. I understand now.

Steelie Slayer

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 02:45 PM »
Good Night Pens!!!!!!  GO get drunk and forget about that one.... Specially when washingtons goalie (idk how to spell his name....) stole that puck RIGHT OFF the goal line!! Nice try crosby.........
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

The Splash

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 08:35 AM »
on NHL.com there is an AWSOME pic of ovie looking mean at cosby and crosby has no helment and just looks scared go check it out
Hey cobra, did you see the thing on Crosby and Ovie during the first intermission of Saturday's game?
   Like him or not (that's for steelie) Crosby is right about the "celebrations" Ovie does. First off, I like watching Ovie play a lot, probably the best shooter in the game right now. With that said, I can get into him jumping and smashing into the glass for the fans. Just like last year when the Rangers started bowing to thier fans, even him taunting Crosby with his rendition of the chicken thing, but as for that bs of the 50th goal.He looked like Jimi Hendrix when he lit his guitar on fire with all the hand gestures of flames coming from the stick or whatever he was trying to do?  THE NHL DOES NOT NEED CHAD OCHO CINCO JOHNSON, T O, etc CELEBRATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    This is the LAST sport that isn't dominated by black men. What ever happened to "team sport and sportsmanship"? Don't need to act like a flashy "look at me look at me" inner city thug!
 I'm trying very hard to type this respectfully.  What's next? Ovie gonna pull a sharpie out of his pants, autograph his stick after a goal and throw it in the stands? Maybe have a cell phone hidden under the crossbar for a celebration? Or maybe climb the glass and eat a fans pop corn?  You get the point. Act like who you are and where you came from! I bet his fellow countrymen don't like it. Bet that wouldn't fly in Russia, Finland, Sweden, or any other "hockey country". Let him act like an idiot during the allstar celebration with his goofy hat and all.
  I believe it has been allowed so far cuz the NHL needs everything possible to promote the sport in a day where sportscenter and other sports highlight shows not only condone, but promote stupid flashy foolish sh!t like that. Hell, video games are even putting that crap on them for kids to see.Remember when Mike Iacconelli first started his bs? Yeah, the other fisherman hated it! Remember when golf was quiet? Now every dam kid in America thrusts his arm and jumps around if they sink a putt on a putt putt course due to Tiger. The NBA used to have a "slam dunk competition" now they have props like phone booths, superman capes and all that bs! Ray Lewis (whose skills I've always been a huge fan of) did the most rediculous dance out of the tunnel in his superbowl, more was talked about that than the super bowl! Chad Johnson and TO just need to be shot in my opinion! you don't have the time to read what I could ramble on about them. Fact is- the best of the best don't need all that! Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas never did that crap! Even Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson knew better and conducted themselves respectfully.  What do you think Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier, and the rest of the true greats of hockey think? They hold records Ovie will probably never touch and they didn't need to do all that and didn't.
  My point is- can we keep hockey the way it always has been and not let it turn into another sport where the athletes spend more time thinking up bs dances and celebrations instead of practicing skill?  I'm quite sure the younger ones will attack me on this, hell, I'm only 28, but was taught better. I'm interested in what the more "mature" guys think?
     I'm Splash and that's what I have to say!

The Splash

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 08:37 AM »
Good Night Pens!!!!!!  GO get drunk and forget about that one.... Specially when washingtons goalie (idk how to spell his name....) stole that puck RIGHT OFF the goal line!! Nice try crosby.........
What I deciphered from that post was "nice save". I agree, best save I've seen in a longtime.

crosscobra

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 09:55 AM »
Hey cobra, did you see the thing on Crosby and Ovie during the first intermission of Saturday's game?
   Like him or not (that's for steelie) Crosby is right about the "celebrations" Ovie does. First off, I like watching Ovie play a lot, probably the best shooter in the game right now. With that said, I can get into him jumping and smashing into the glass for the fans. Just like last year when the Rangers started bowing to thier fans, even him taunting Crosby with his rendition of the chicken thing, but as for that bs of the 50th goal.He looked like Jimi Hendrix when he lit his guitar on fire with all the hand gestures of flames coming from the stick or whatever he was trying to do?  THE NHL DOES NOT NEED CHAD OCHO CINCO JOHNSON, T O, etc CELEBRATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    This is the LAST sport that isn't dominated by black men. What ever happened to "team sport and sportsmanship"? Don't need to act like a flashy "look at me look at me" inner city thug!
 I'm trying very hard to type this respectfully.  What's next? Ovie gonna pull a sharpie out of his pants, autograph his stick after a goal and throw it in the stands? Maybe have a cell phone hidden under the crossbar for a celebration? Or maybe climb the glass and eat a fans pop corn?  You get the point. Act like who you are and where you came from! I bet his fellow countrymen don't like it. Bet that wouldn't fly in Russia, Finland, Sweden, or any other "hockey country". Let him act like an idiot during the allstar celebration with his goofy hat and all.
  I believe it has been allowed so far cuz the NHL needs everything possible to promote the sport in a day where sportscenter and other sports highlight shows not only condone, but promote stupid flashy foolish sh!t like that. Hell, video games are even putting that crap on them for kids to see.Remember when Mike Iacconelli first started his bs? Yeah, the other fisherman hated it! Remember when golf was quiet? Now every dam kid in America thrusts his arm and jumps around if they sink a putt on a putt putt course due to Tiger. The NBA used to have a "slam dunk competition" now they have props like phone booths, superman capes and all that bs! Ray Lewis (whose skills I've always been a huge fan of) did the most rediculous dance out of the tunnel in his superbowl, more was talked about that than the super bowl! Chad Johnson and TO just need to be shot in my opinion! you don't have the time to read what I could ramble on about them. Fact is- the best of the best don't need all that! Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas never did that crap! Even Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson knew better and conducted themselves respectfully.  What do you think Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier, and the rest of the true greats of hockey think? They hold records Ovie will probably never touch and they didn't need to do all that and didn't.
  My point is- can we keep hockey the way it always has been and not let it turn into another sport where the athletes spend more time thinking up bs dances and celebrations instead of practicing skill?  I'm quite sure the younger ones will attack me on this, hell, I'm only 28, but was taught better. I'm interested in what the more "mature" guys think?
     I'm Splash and that's what I have to say!

i can understand... but its kinda funny to see ovie get all crazy after a goal. (my fav is when the scorer throws his stick by his hip making it look like he just sheathed his sword)

The Splash

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 10:05 AM »
  It's just the beginning cobra. NIP IT IN THE BUD!

crosscobra

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 10:34 AM »
  It's just the beginning cobra. NIP IT IN THE BUD!

so what is your opinion on fans throwing the octopus on the ice at a red wings game?

Steelie Slayer

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Splash... Break that post down a bit... I just woke up tired as hell and aint reading all that,,, Hell i aint read that much in one time in FOREVER.
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

The Splash

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 12:13 PM »
so what is your opinion on fans throwing the octopus on the ice at a red wings game?

I frickin LOVE It!
Been going on for tons of years. It doesn't happen NEARLY as much as it used to anyway. I miss the giants from the past.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.