FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GENESEE RIVER INFO!  (Read 6823 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
GENESEE RIVER INFO!
« on: Nov 17, 2009, 01:28 AM »
   I like Climbing down the Gorge and fishing the Genesee River Falls in Rochester! I just read the gauges and it's running at 669cfs. My Question is, how can I tell if the water is going over the Falls! I only like fishing up at the Falls, not below the Turbines. Is there anyway to get this information online, like a Web cam or something? THANKS for any info!

That's our Gang up in the corner!!   "The Glory Hole"

Hey Deadeyes, you think your a Oneida Diehard, try this Place in December!!!   WOW!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bunker killer

Re: GENESEE RIVER INFO!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2009, 05:15 AM »
  Het SNAGGER,I remember that day, if I said how many we hooked nobody would believe me!! Great pic!!!

dance the tides

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2009, 01:15 PM »
The only water in the Genny is coming over the falls.  The power house has been shut down.  For some reason the water has been chocolate even though its low.  Not many fish in there as of a week ago.

SNAGGER

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2009, 01:37 PM »
The only water in the Genny is coming over the falls.  The power house has been shut down.  For some reason the water has been chocolate even though its low.  Not many fish in there as of a week ago.
  Thanks for the Turbine info,yep if you get one heavy rain, then a drought alot of mud can get stuck in the system, nothing to flush it out!  THANKS AGAIN about turbines!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Gump

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2009, 06:18 PM »
River is now green and has been on since last friday a little bird told me...

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

SNAGGER

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2009, 07:27 PM »
  THANKS GUMP, Are all of those Calico Sharks done doing there thing yet, I'm looking for these guys!

Is it that color yet?

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishermantim4

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2009, 12:31 PM »
whats a calico shark?
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2009, 02:11 PM »
i didnt know there were falls on the genny??????    where r they????

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

devo

« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2009, 02:43 PM »
The lower falls are about 300 feet  below the Driving park bridge, the upper falls are in the high falls area across from Kodak office.

Flyswatter

« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2009, 02:54 PM »
I think Snagger means dying & decaying salmon when he said calico shark.

SNAGGER

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2009, 03:02 PM »
  The radar is loaded up out your way, hope you don't get too much rain, or I'll be fishing in a chocolate factory for the Chrome!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Gump

« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2009, 04:14 PM »
The chrome is indeed in Snagger.  One of my friends banged them good last weekend.  The water has been much lower and clearer this week than what you have in the picture.  They have also taken a couple of big 'eyes down there...

skunker

• Carry In Carry Out Do Your Part
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2009, 06:09 PM »
How much rain you all think would take to get her real muddy.....?

Gump

« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Have to keep your eye on the southentier and northern Pennsylvania.   The Genesee and many of it's feeder streams start way down there.  It really isn't the local rains that raise the river level around Rochester.  If it rains heavy down there, then it can get blown out and muddy, but it sometimes takes a day or two to happen after the rain. 

SNAGGER

« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Have to keep your eye on the southentier and northern Pennsylvania.   The Genesee and many of it's feeder streams start way down there.  It really isn't the local rains that raise the river level around Rochester.  If it rains heavy down there, then it can get blown out and muddy, but it sometimes takes a day or two to happen after the rain. 
  Your dead on Gump, about a 2 day lag! Love the guys who go to Maxwell the day after a rain, only for it to come up a day later, from the Lag over there too from swamps above it!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.