FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullheads in Dexter  (Read 2116 times)

harrops26

Bullheads in Dexter
« on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:47 AM »
Hi everyone, I found this site through iceshanty and hopefully its as awesome and helpful as iceshanty. Anyways, as a kid my dad use to take me to Dexter marsh to go bullhead fishing during the spring. I figured that since my 6 year old isn't ready for trout fishing yet that i could take him bullhead fishing at Dexter marsh.  Is been a long time since ive gone and i was wondering when do the bullheads really start biting in that area

wallyworld

Re: Bullheads in Dexter
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2012, 04:17 PM »
Usually around Mother's Day weekend. Might be earlier this year though with the warm winter & early spring. Old wive's tale....the bullheads bite when the apple trees are in full bloom. Good luck.  :D

fishon35

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2012, 12:29 PM »
I've fished there many times, but haven't been there in years.  The two main problems is some of the people who fish there look and act like they crawled out from under a rock in the marsh with zero intelligence, and they leave their trash laying all around...

I will tell you, they are starting to bite right now. . . My buddy got into some last night and we'll be going tonight.

harrops26

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Have you ever fished the d**e on the perch river. My dad told me it was a good spot.

fishon35

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:04 PM »
no.... are you talking about on 12?  I went out last night and caught about 25 or so... it's early, but it was a beautiful night and was only out for an hour.

harrops26

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Maybe ill take my son out this weekend. It will beat sitting at home wishing i was still ice fishing

marble eye 38

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2012, 12:54 PM »
How about the creeks in alex bay ?  anyone been gettin any there ?

Plumberfishin5

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2012, 12:28 PM »
thinking about hitting them up this weekend will post back sunday or monday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.