FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: THE BIG D.  (Read 52578 times)

wiredstone

Re: THE BIG D.
« Reply #30 on: Jul 31, 2010, 04:40 PM »
My wife and I did a conoe trip from Hancock to lordsville. Water was clear and cool.

Saw 6 nice stripers where the east and west branch meet. Tried for some smallies but no luck.

Still it was a great day ! :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #31 on: Jul 31, 2010, 05:20 PM »

Hey I know that madman!!!!  8)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

wiredstone

« Reply #32 on: Jul 31, 2010, 06:58 PM »
THE BOTTOM RELEASE DAM KEEPS IT NICE AND COLD. THOSE STIPERS COME A LONG WAY.
wooo fish on. Never mind

slazenger28

« Reply #33 on: Aug 03, 2010, 09:42 AM »
THE BOTTOM RELEASE DAM KEEPS IT NICE AND COLD. THOSE STIPERS COME A LONG WAY.

Are there a decent number of stripers that come up this far? I fish narrowsburg area a lot and I was wondering if its worth fishing for them in the area. Never have seen one.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2010, 10:01 AM »

Hey I know that madman!!!!  8)
Hey so do i  ;D i fished with that guy once  ;D ;D

wiredstone

« Reply #35 on: Aug 03, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Are there a decent number of stripers that come up this far? I fish narrowsburg area a lot and I was wondering if its worth fishing for them in the area. Never have seen one.
Right where the east and west come together is good. We saw 6 swim under our conoe in 4' of water.
wooo fish on. Never mind

dmntd169

« Reply #36 on: Aug 03, 2010, 07:17 PM »

Theres not a stretch of the river that doesn't have them now a days  ;) ;)   They are slowly taking it over, atleast the smaller resident fish that never seem to grow are  :-\ :-\   Just fish any deeper pool or the confluence of any trout stream and you'll get into them. Most will be in the 12-20" range but theres a some fish up to and over 20#s mixed in
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

slazenger28

« Reply #37 on: Aug 04, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Theres not a stretch of the river that doesn't have them now a days  ;) ;)   They are slowly taking it over, atleast the smaller resident fish that never seem to grow are  :-\ :-\   Just fish any deeper pool or the confluence of any trout stream and you'll get into them. Most will be in the 12-20" range but theres a some fish up to and over 20#s mixed in

Thanks for the info. I can think of a couple good spots that feed a good quantity of stockies into the D. I'd love to hook into one.

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #38 on: Aug 06, 2010, 10:04 PM »
They must of swam right past my spot on the river.  I have been there twice another couple of guys have been there a few times and no one has seen or caught any stripers.  First year that this has happened  to us.  stripers have been caaught below and above but not there. 

the hole has turned into a big sand flat that is choked full of weeds now.  there is a cold water release every week also.

wiredstone

« Reply #39 on: Aug 07, 2010, 07:37 AM »
They seem to be at the top of the hole on the pa. side.
wooo fish on. Never mind

wiredstone

« Reply #40 on: Oct 23, 2010, 04:32 PM »
Took the mad iceman on the west branch today to perfect our float with a bead. No fish but great day to be out. Water is getting colder.  ;D

wooo fish on. Never mind

the_mad_iceman

• I can't put my arms down!
« Reply #41 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Thanks again Wiredstone for getting me ready for the SR... Always it's a fun time fishing with you, and that dude at the store made the day!!!

poconosfisher2

« Reply #42 on: Mar 01, 2011, 07:17 AM »
i agree, cant wait to get back out on the river and catch some real fish.  with that said, i stopped by and took a few casts over the weekend just to see if i could get anything to hit.  did have one hit and broke my line immediately.  All i saw was a big flash so not sure what it was.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #43 on: Mar 01, 2011, 10:28 AM »
wired...the dingmans ferry bridge...is that the one you pay a toll?? if so, I know the exact spot...can you sucessfully shore fish this area? Or can I bring a boat and lauch somewhere?
    A Country Boy can Survive!

wiredstone

« Reply #44 on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:35 PM »
wired...the dingmans ferry bridge...is that the one you pay a toll?? if so, I know the exact spot...can you sucessfully shore fish this area? Or can I bring a boat and lauch somewhere?
Both. :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.