FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: just starting to look for eyes  (Read 4879 times)

fastribs85

just starting to look for eyes
« on: Mar 09, 2004, 10:06 PM »
hey im just starting to look for eyes and wanted to know if anyone had any tips for where to go or what to use ie rods line lures and the other basics i live in se pa
naked women and beer we got it all in here

suskymusky

Re: just starting to look for eyes
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2004, 11:09 PM »
I'm from NE Pennsylvania,and I have a lot of luck fishing the Susquehanna and Delaware for walleye.In spring and fall I target creek mouths  and nearby eddies with jigs and minnows or minnows on a slip sinker rig.In summer I  troll Rapalas or nightcrawler harnesses near dusk or fish deep holes like I'm fishing Channel cats with a small sliding sinker and a crawler or minnow.I like casting large Rapalas at dusk in spring and late summer in the end of riffles or creek mouths. I fish them like a top water.Check out www.walleyecentral.com for a lot of tips and questions you might have about walleyes
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

eyedoktr

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2004, 07:03 AM »
My tournament partner and I are supposed to be in the three rivers area of Pittsburgh this weekend looking for some walleye action. Due to the rivers being so high, we may have to postpone. Another place for you to try is the Allegheny/Kinzua Reservoir. There are some monsters in there.
Pete Lewis

Jigwiggler

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2004, 12:41 PM »
This time of year in rivers look for current breaks and backwaters in close proximity to a creek mouth.  In lakes look for a drop off again near a creek mouth.  Fish the drop-off during the day and on top of it morning and evening.  Good luck!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

fastribs85

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2004, 07:39 PM »
thanks that should give me a start
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.