FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: where to look at night  (Read 5105 times)

fastribs85

where to look at night
« on: Jul 02, 2004, 05:44 PM »
guys im gonna be fishing this weekend and next for crappie at nite never did it before and not a real strong point on my side of the battle i usually only catch them by luck
naked women and beer we got it all in here

peple of the perch

Re: where to look at night
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2004, 08:21 AM »
try by the docks also use a minnow or a jig , if ur on a boat use a minnow or a mister twister and try by stumps or drop offs

fastribs85

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2004, 11:15 AM »
ok thanks ill have to look for that the one lake im gonna fish tonight if im feeling better is no docks no nothing really so ill have to just look around and see besides i have one of those submersible lights i think that might help attract the fish to me what do you think

Jigwiggler

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2004, 11:53 AM »
I have never fished for crappies at night on open water but I imagine it is the same idea as for walleyes.  Pick a spot near deep water.  Preferably a drop off near a shoal or point and anchor the boat.  Don't be to quick to move, you want the fish to come to you.  The idea is to draw insects with the light which will bring in the baitfish.  Once you have baitfish the crappies will come.  ;D  Be sure to fish all depths from just under the surface to the bottom, I would say that 3-10' down will probably be best.  Good luck and let us know how you make out!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

fastribs85

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2004, 03:20 PM »
hey i just got a submersable light is that better then one that sits on top and should i leave it near the top or drop it down the water colum some im also going to be useing my electronics of course and have you had succes with a light with wallaye and im gonna be shooting for them at nockamixon next weekend trying to convince my grandfather to go at night any tips for some eyes

Jigwiggler

« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2004, 04:17 PM »
Yes, I've had very good luck on some lakes fishing in this manner for eyes.  I'd keep your light near the surface.  I used to use 2 coleman lanterns angled toward the water.  Did you get into any crappies??

fastribs85

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2004, 04:51 PM »
sorry no luck last nite hard servere headache couldnt even stand up got dizzy and almost fell back over still have it today but better gonna try this week or this weekend

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2004, 07:51 AM »
Fastribs,

Did you get out and if so, How'd ya do?  Did the light help out?

T/L
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

fastribs85

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2004, 09:34 PM »
got out sat no light forgot it  >:( :-\ but in a couple minutes caught 2 10" plus crappie on a fly threw back some gills and missed 2 real nice hits :-\ :'(

Jigwiggler

« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2004, 05:37 PM »
fastribs, have you gotten out for the night bite yet?

fastribs85

« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2004, 09:33 PM »
um i have tried a couple times for them but not rreally with the light just out fishin at nite and had some luck accidently hooked a few just fishen around found a school from shore

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.