FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish  (Read 85556 times)

jopes

Re: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish
« Reply #105 on: Apr 18, 2013, 01:34 PM »
When the waters start warming and the fish start spawning and we get a cold spell like we have had for a couple weeks does it effect the hatch in any way?

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #106 on: Apr 18, 2013, 06:23 PM »
We have talked about the Alabama rig here at the office. Our discussion pretty much came to the point that at long as you didn't have more than 3 hooks, you would be OK. I would think you could still fish with 5 or 6 baits, as long as only 3 had hooks. So you could rig something up with 2 or 3 "false" baits with no hooks and 3 of the baits with hooks.
Hope this helps.

I've considered doing that as well.  I guess I just don't understand what 2 more hooks could harm?    Other than the current regs.  But maybe you could just stay 3 total hooks or 5 total on alabama rigs.  It won't be a big deal if I can't use one just don't really see the harm in a 5 hook or 6 hook bama rig.  As was mentioned they are very heavy and require heavy duty rods to throw... I doubt many anglers would even use them.

tannerl4949

« Reply #107 on: Apr 21, 2013, 12:08 AM »
I was wondering if you can put a boat on meadowlark lake up in the bighorns and if so is there a boat ramp of any kind? 

TEAM LIGHTNING

« Reply #108 on: Apr 21, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Yes there are two boat ramps on Meadowlark.  One is thru the motel bar area...mayne private and one that for sure is public on the north west side of the lake. ;D

Shoe

« Reply #109 on: Apr 24, 2013, 11:56 PM »
The water at Twin Buttes appeared very off-color the few times that I went there last year.  A friend said he saw the same "dirty" water this year.  No luck fishing it, either.  Yet, Regional Reports indicated that the fish population had come back.  Has something happened?  During productive years the lake was very clear as I remember it.

s

WGFDFishBioLaramie

« Reply #110 on: Jun 12, 2013, 09:12 AM »
A new tiger trout fishery was created yesterday in Wyoming through the efforts of WGFD Fish Culturists and Biologists as 8,000 5-inch tiger trout were stocked into East Allen Lake for the first time. East Allen Lake is located near Medicine Bow, WY and is also stocked with rainbow and cutthroat trout annually. The lake has abundant prey resources for tiger trout and the hope is that these fish will thrive in their new home.

sportsman234

« Reply #111 on: Jun 14, 2013, 10:11 AM »
To the Laramie crew, please post signs that are clearly visible that NO FIRES are allowed at Twin Buttes any longer. Your warden Bill Haley gave me a hard time yesterday- yet there are no signs stating this except for one on the east end of the lake that is not
visible unless you drive out of the way to accidentally find it. Pretty sad... there are no fire restrictions in Albany county yet it appears this lake is permanently off limits to them now.

307fishing

« Reply #112 on: Jun 14, 2013, 01:26 PM »
Are walleye being stocked in De Smet?
Gone Fishin?

GonefishingWy

« Reply #113 on: Jun 14, 2013, 07:33 PM »
Are walleye being stocked in De Smet?
only illegally, the game and fish have been taking eyes from desmet and putting them in Healy though

er-e-is

« Reply #114 on: Jun 14, 2013, 10:30 PM »
Who does repairs to boat ramps? The one at half moon is in need of repairs.

Dorado

« Reply #115 on: Jun 16, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Who does repairs to boat ramps? The one at half moon is in need of repairs.

Most of the finger lakes around Pinedale are on Forest Service or BLM.  They have been improving them in cooperation with WGFD over time (New Fork,  Willow Boulder, and soon Sylvan Bay on Fremont) but most still are only easy to use when the lakes are at peak full.  Lots of the ramps are so short that when the water drops after runoff, your trailer wheels go off the cement.

I fished Halfmoon on June 2 and saw 4 other boats all day on a bluebird Sunday.  I am willing to put up with a shi**y ramp to be on a beautiful lake with such solitude.  Most places in the US there are lines to launch your boat!!!!

Nezlugh

Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish
« Reply #116 on: Apr 04, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Posted this on Ice Shanty as well. Local Game Warden stated any lure that gives off light after being charged by sun or flashlight electric or glow-in-the-dark is not legal to fish with in Wyoming. "HELP" No more Glow tubes to fish for Lakers?

http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/wyoming-game-and-fish-may-update-several-fishing-regulations/article_3ae0938e-8b4d-50c6-a095-9fa49730d0f6.html
"Gone Fishing"

ClearCreek

« Reply #117 on: Apr 04, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Posted this on Ice Shanty as well. Local Game Warden stated any lure that gives off light after being charged by sun or flashlight electric or glow-in-the-dark is not legal to fish with in Wyoming. "HELP" No more Glow tubes to fish for Lakers?

http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/wyoming-game-and-fish-may-update-several-fishing-regulations/article_3ae0938e-8b4d-50c6-a095-9fa49730d0f6.html

In the article you attached to your post it explains the situation pretty good.  The way I read it is right now if you are "charging" your terminal tackle with artificial light, like a flash light it would be illegal to use.  G&F is in the process of addressing this issue and changing a fishing regulation is an involved process and certain steps have to be taken in order for the regulation to be valid.

Anyone else read something different in the article?

ClearCreek

Nezlugh

« Reply #118 on: Apr 05, 2014, 11:33 AM »
To clarify he stated, even if it is charged by the sun and gives off artificial light underwater it is not legal to fish with. He quoted page 6 under METHODS "No person shall use an artificial light with the sole purpose of aiding in the attraction or taking of fish." Glow-in-the-dark is artificial light in his opinion.

Thanks to the WYGF and their further work on making things more understandable.
"Gone Fishing"

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
« Reply #119 on: Apr 24, 2014, 10:38 AM »
OK I got one. Why is it allowed to use minnows from Section B on Glendo But you can't use Section A on Alcova. Regulations state that you can use minnows from Section A and B on Glendo But you can move up. Is it disease but your transporting minnows down stream to a new water area. Why can't you transport them up the river same difference.  ???
No one left behind  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.