FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish  (Read 85270 times)

WGFFishBio

Re: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish
« Reply #135 on: Sep 23, 2015, 03:58 PM »
healy says nothing over 15hp. my boat has 90hp main motor 8hp kicker and electric troller can i launch on healy and use only the small motors?

someone in healy thread says thats ok but would like a confirmation from G&F first just to be safe.

thanks, clint
That is correct. You may launch a boat with a bigger motor, but you can only use the smaller motors under 15HP.

Andrew

htc

« Reply #136 on: Sep 23, 2015, 09:40 PM »
thank you very much for quick and precise reply.

clint

reelrusty

« Reply #137 on: Mar 28, 2016, 09:23 AM »
 ???I 've just read the short announcement  on the Game & Fish website regarding rule changes @ Greyrocks. I camp there often and being how it can be a long way to the pit toilets provided I use my registered & plated ATV to get there. Do the new rules target these vehicles also or just the non-plated off road vehicles? Also, where can a person access a copy of these new rules? I want to thank the department for doing a tough and sometimes thankless job but frankly I can't see how restricting camping duration to one week is going to relieve any weekend crowding issues. The reasoning behind that rule change eludes me and any enlightenment into the thought processes behind it would be appreciated. Thanks :-\

Monarch8x8

« Reply #138 on: Apr 26, 2016, 04:04 PM »
???I 've just read the short announcement  on the Game & Fish website regarding rule changes @ Greyrocks. I camp there often and being how it can be a long way to the pit toilets provided I use my registered & plated ATV to get there. Do the new rules target these vehicles also or just the non-plated off road vehicles? Also, where can a person access a copy of these new rules? I want to thank the department for doing a tough and sometimes thankless job but frankly I can't see how restricting camping duration to one week is going to relieve any weekend crowding issues. The reasoning behind that rule change eludes me and any enlightenment into the thought processes behind it would be appreciated. Thanks :-\

Licensed and registered atv/utvs are still legal on designated roadways only.  You have azzwipes that trespassed on the southside of the hwy to thank for the new regulations.

Wapitifishrman

« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2016, 08:07 AM »
Well said Monarch!!!!

Wyoyob

« Reply #140 on: Jun 06, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Don't think it had anything to do with people trespassing on the south side of the highway.  Think it has more to do with just the sheer number of people who camp out there now.  On a busy weekend there are hundreds and hundreds of people out there.  They bring all of their "toys" out and think they can use them off the roads and zip around all over the camp areas.  From the news release I read they were worried about vehicle accidents increasing. 

massNtrash

« Reply #141 on: Jun 06, 2016, 03:45 PM »
I have a quick question that is unclear to me after reading the regulations. I recently acquired an old 11 1/2 ft aluminum boat that I plan to run my old antique outboard motors on. My question is this; do I need a fire extinguisher on board if the motors have the tanks built in i.e. not an external portable fuel tank that would be laying in the floor of the boat? What about if I do use a motor with a tank in the boat? I seem to remember someone getting a ticket for not having one on a drift boat when they were running a newer 9.9 on the back with a tank in the boat. This section of the handbook is a little vague in my opinion. I already went down to the local game and fish office and asked the lady at the front desk but she had to look it up so I am not trusting her 100% yet. Here is what is in the handbook:

All boats with inboard engines, compartments where fuel tanks or combustible material may be stored; double bottoms not sealed to hull; closed living spaces; or permanently installed fuel tanks must have the proper fire extinguisher(s).

So since I have no "compartments where combustible material may be stored" am I good without? Or is that there way of describing a portable fuel tank?

Thanks for the help, I just want to make sure I am legal.
Rippin Lips!

tim6904

« Reply #142 on: Jun 17, 2016, 06:45 PM »
I was told by the Warden at Alcova that I needed a fire extinguisher in my aluminum jon boat.  It has outboard with portable tank in boat.

Mrhawg

« Reply #143 on: Mar 29, 2017, 01:13 PM »
Unless the law changed which I don't think it has, a Fire extinguisher is not required in a Jon boat with a portable gas tank.

reelrusty

« Reply #144 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:41 PM »
 ??? Hmmmm.......I've installed two hatch covers in the outboard sections of the middle seat in my 1442 Alumacraft Jon. Battery in the port and stuff like jackets and gloves in the starboard side. A feller could probably burn that old down jacket if ya wanted. Ya think this could be construed as combustible material? 

wyofish218

« Reply #145 on: Apr 18, 2017, 10:24 PM »
Can the cutt slam qualifiers be caught anywhere in the state, or do they have to be caught in their original native ranges per the map on the game and fish website? Asking because I caught  a Snake River Cutthroat on the Grey Reef section of the Platte. Thank you.

Dorado

« Reply #146 on: Apr 19, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Can the cutt slam qualifiers be caught anywhere in the state, or do they have to be caught in their original native ranges per the map on the game and fish website? Asking because I caught  a Snake River Cutthroat on the Grey Reef section of the Platte. Thank you.

They do need to be caught in their native range....the original idea behind the cuttslam was to get people excited about catching wild trout in their native range...

thirdeye

• At home on the range in Wyoming
« Reply #147 on: Apr 29, 2017, 07:17 AM »
I posted this on Ice Shanty, and now that I found this site I'm doing a cross-post

In looking at the 2017 Regs I see that trout beads can now be used above a bare hook, as well as a above an artificial fly (above meaning 2" or less from the eye of the hook), and further the Regs state that a trout bead used with a bare hook is considered an artificial lure in the same category as a jig, spoon, spinner etc. Within the definition for artificial lures the Regs state: "artificial flies and lures do not include living or dead organisms or edible parts thereof, natural or prepared organic food stuffs, or chemical attractants".  I'm thinking this is to further clarify the interpretation/definition of "artificial" when the lure itself is manufactured..., but I have a question below:

Q:  Provided one is not fishing in an artificial only area of water... Does this mean that a bare hook, with properly positioned trout bead can't be tipped with any type of bait like is common when jigging or trolling with a spoon or spinner?

WGFFishBio

« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2017, 01:39 PM »
I posted this on Ice Shanty, and now that I found this site I'm doing a cross-post

In looking at the 2017 Regs I see that trout beads can now be used above a bare hook, as well as a above an artificial fly (above meaning 2" or less from the eye of the hook), and further the Regs state that a trout bead used with a bare hook is considered an artificial lure in the same category as a jig, spoon, spinner etc. Within the definition for artificial lures the Regs state: "artificial flies and lures do not include living or dead organisms or edible parts thereof, natural or prepared organic food stuffs, or chemical attractants".  I'm thinking this is to further clarify the interpretation/definition of "artificial" when the lure itself is manufactured..., but I have a question below:

Q:  Provided one is not fishing in an artificial only area of water... Does this mean that a bare hook, with properly positioned trout bead can't be tipped with any type of bait like is common when jigging or trolling with a spoon or spinner?
If you're not fishing an "Artificial Only" water, that means you can use bait, thus you can tip your hooks with any legal bait for that water.  Regardless if you want to use a bead or not. You are correct, the statements above were for clarification of beading and artificial. 

Hope this helped

thirdeye

• At home on the range in Wyoming
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2017, 09:03 AM »
Thanks so much for the clarification.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.