FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish  (Read 85348 times)

mulebarnmax

• I'd rather be fishing!!
Re: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish
« Reply #60 on: Apr 01, 2012, 10:53 AM »
4X4 I asked a very similar question last year on Ice Shanty and got no reply from the G&F. I'm not sure they want to touch that one. My thinking on this is that strict rule of the law you would get busted, spirit of the law...and depending on the mood of the warden (or how you treat them) you might get some grace for helping a young-un or cleaning the ice out of your buddy's holes.  All of the wardens I've dealt with are decent, but if they think you are up to no good then you're going to get it...which I agree with totally!!
Honestly honey, I'll be home as soon as I get my limit ;-)

TEAM LIGHTNING

« Reply #61 on: Apr 01, 2012, 01:56 PM »
I know a elderly couple In Newcastle and she received a citation for fishing without a license.  He husband is handicapped & wheel chair bound & had a license. She cast the line out (no license ) and handed the pole to her husband and the warden had no compassion for the husband being handicapped......wrote the citation in a heart beat.

HOOPA

« Reply #62 on: Apr 02, 2012, 02:50 PM »
I'm curious on the condition of the stock put into springer reservoir. How are the fish growing?

WGFDFishBioLaramie

« Reply #63 on: Apr 05, 2012, 11:09 AM »
I'm curious on the condition of the stock put into springer reservoir. How are the fish growing?

HOOPA,

We are scheduled to evaluate the stocked fish in Springer and Bump this month, I will let you know what we find.

Thanks,

WGFDFishBioLaramie

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #64 on: Apr 06, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Has the game and fish found Yellow Perch in the Woodruff Narrows Reservoir (above Evanston, Wy).

I am hearing rumors of 12" perch coming from there. 

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #65 on: Apr 08, 2012, 01:33 PM »
I'll just throw out another I am curious about:

How many Splake were stocked in North Crow Reservoir in 1999?  Also how many in 2005?

WGFDFishBioLaramie

« Reply #66 on: Apr 18, 2012, 04:56 PM »
I'll just throw out another I am curious about:

How many Splake were stocked in North Crow Reservoir in 1999?  Also how many in 2005?

GemCitySlayer,

Here is the splake stocking record for Upper North Crow Reservoir:
1999 7,000
2002 5,500
2005 2,500
2006 2,700
2007 2,700
2008 2,500
2009 2,400
2010 2,500
2011 2,500

bigdwyo

Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish
« Reply #67 on: Apr 21, 2012, 02:54 AM »
So whats the deal with sodergreen lake are they making repairs to the inlet or why did the drain most of the water?
And one last question when diamond lake north of laramie winterkilled why was it never restocked? just curious my dad told me it use be a pretty dang good fishery!

mobilerat

« Reply #68 on: Apr 29, 2012, 12:02 PM »
I am also interested in knowing if diamond lake will ever become a fishery again?

fishsmith

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2012, 11:23 AM »
I was wondering if crow crick and Bear crick are considered part of the horse crick drainage? would it be legal to trap or Seine minnows on either one?

tumbleweed

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 09:23 AM »
I am also interested in knowing if diamond lake will ever become a fishery again?
So whats the deal with sodergreen lake are they making repairs to the inlet or why did the drain most of the water?
And one last question when diamond lake north of laramie winterkilled why was it never restocked? just curious my dad told me it use be a pretty dang good fishery!

Here is a link to iceshanty from March of last year when I asked about the status of diamond. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=178333.100

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Brooke "trout" and Lake "trout" are both not trout at all.  They are char.  From the research I've done on the internet, if a fish does not have black spots (like rainbows, browns, cutts, etc) then it is a char.

How come are these fish still called trout in the fishing regulations?  Just curious!

wyreellifeguy

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2012, 06:16 PM »
Wyoming Youth Fishing Challenge would like to know about this and how to get all the paper work for my kids to get started on this , really like this idea
Justin D.

Reeldeal

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2012, 04:02 PM »
What's up with all the water being let out of Glendo so early. I heard a rumor that they were going to put the plug back in and start putting water back in soon. Is that true?

Keith Walters

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2012, 02:44 PM »
What's up with all the water being let out of Glendo so early. I heard a rumor that they were going to put the plug back in and start putting water back in soon. Is that true?

Most years, there is an early "hay run" to irrigate the alfalfa in eastern Wyoming and western Nebraska.  This year has been real dry and the hay run was about a week early.  They usually shut down the outflow after about three weeks, at which time Glendo usually refills until the start of regular irrigation season.  The irrigation people own the water -  we are lucky to just "borrow" the use of it for fishing.

(Don't be looking for "tree fishing" anytime soon - wish it wasn't so!)

Good fishing,
Keith

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.