FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish  (Read 85256 times)

ratfink1

• keep some eat some let some go
Re: Ask the Wyoming Game & Fish
« Reply #15 on: Mar 30, 2011, 07:42 PM »
I was looking at some of the catfish mattr was catching and they seemed to have some kind of parasite on there fins Wat are they

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Wow! I hadn't even noticed that until you posted. I've seen it on fish down south on the Gulf Coast. It looks like mycobacterium marinum. The MS G&F biologist down there told me all fish carry it, but it's more noticeable on fish in warm water. If that's what it is, it's easily transmitted to humans. Can't wait to hear what our guys say about it. Don :tipup:

(The stuff on the tail fins looks like...sand. Sores on the pec fins...not so much unless that's part of what happens when they clear beds to spawn.)

Matt R.

• Keep a few, but take more photos!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:22 PM »
I think they are little flat worms. Whatever it is I only seem to find them in winter/early spring catfish. Allot of the perch have them also in winter, same w/ the carp.
Never seen one on a walleye.

I would like to know for sure. ???
I like to fish for all fish!

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I was talking about what appears to be the reddish blotches or sores on the pectoral fins.  :tipup:

(Fifth picture down...reddish-pink blotches)

outdoorschris

« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2011, 09:24 PM »
I think thoses are leaches......i have seen them on the fins of other fish too from glendo.

ratfink1

• keep some eat some let some go
« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:16 PM »
I seen them on cat at grayrock also i don't no if thy are leaches but i would like to know if thy are harmful to man

fishaholictaz

« Reply #21 on: Mar 31, 2011, 01:12 AM »
They used to be on all the cats we caught on the Snake River. They seem to be a type of worm/parasite...
Take a kid fishing! 

hellraiser

« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2011, 11:20 AM »
3 yrs ago when i hit the cats hard at glendo they all had them.  they were little worms of some sort.   And growing up fishing the Big Horn river for cats, ling, and sauger they had them also.  Was told that they are not serious.  However that was from grandpa!!!  he said they are just part of the river, still creepy though.

paintedjighead

« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Does the Wyoming Game and Fish still stock Greyrocks reservoir with tiger muskie?

ClearCreek

« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Does the Wyoming Game and Fish still stock Greyrocks reservoir with tiger muskie?

No, not for several years.  It is my understanding the walleye anglers pressured the G&F to discontinue stocking tiger musky because they thought the tigers were eating all the walleye.

fishaholictaz

« Reply #25 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:53 PM »
IMO leave Glendo for the eyes and give us some toothy critters :laugh:
Take a kid fishing! 

LindaLou

« Reply #26 on: Apr 05, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I keep hearing that the water at Boysen is still really green and slimy, like it was most of last summer.  Can you please post on the prognosis of the lake.  Is it anticipated that it will clear up anytime soon?  That is my favorite lake and I would hate to have to spend the late spring/summer fishing somewhere else.   :o

I appreciate the Game and Fish being willing to answer so many of our questions.

Thanks

Monarch8x8

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2011, 03:29 PM »
Where can I find data concerning stocking of cat fish in the North Platte from Dave Johnston down stream to the Ne. state line?
Does this section of river get stocked with Catfish, or do they just migrate out of Glendo upstream? Are there any catfish down stream of Glendo?

Thanks so much for your time and input guys! ;D

Matt- Not to sure about stocking info on the cats, but will asure you that cats are found throughout the river system from DJ to the Mississippi.

wyreellifeguy

« Reply #28 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:24 PM »
way is Wyoming not as open about stocking places and times as other states 
Justin D.

WGFDFishBioLaramie

« Reply #29 on: Apr 20, 2011, 05:33 PM »
We are currently in the process of proposing changes to fishing regulations for 2012-2013.  If you would like more information on how to comment and where the meeting will be held in the Laramie Region check out this link

http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/RegionalNews/fishmeetlar11.pdf

Thanks,

WGFDFishBioLaramie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.