FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: rapala lures?  (Read 3430 times)

one last cast

rapala lures?
« on: Apr 17, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I have always been a diehard Rapala guy since i was a little kid and now i might be looking elsewhere.Has anybody esle been having this happen to their rapala lures(original floaters only)? These are two differnt lures from two differnt places.First picture lure is two weeks old, second picture was a brand new one after a few dozen casts, maybe a bad batch. I've sent rapala two emails this afternoon reguarding this problem, I'll post their response if i get one.

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

iwantone2.4

Re: rapala lures?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2011, 10:12 PM »
nope have not had this problem, wonder why its happening??

hope its just a bad batch, rapala is awsome :thumbup_smilie:
If luck becomes habbit, it turns into skill

one last cast

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2011, 10:19 PM »
they have always been great for me, until now! >:(  their the only lure i usally use in differnt size, jointed, floating,countdown,but almost always the same color scheme.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

slipperybob

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2011, 01:45 PM »
Yes, I occassionally have had problems with the balsa lures.  So mostly I try to buy the plastic mold ones like Xraps nowadays.  I've also slowly been changing over to Salmo lures and some Rebel lures for the floating minnows.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Santo180

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2011, 02:03 PM »
I haven't had that problem.  I love their lures but hate their price.  I'm interested to find out what rapala will do for you.  I've never dealt with their customer service, but I'd expect that at the very least, they'd replace those lures.

Stonecat

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2011, 06:16 PM »
I haven't had that problem.  I love their lures but hate their price.  I'm interested to find out what rapala will do for you.  I've never dealt with their customer service, but I'd expect that at the very least, they'd replace those lures.
Don't think the price is too bad compared to Koppers,Sebile,Lucky Craft and some of the other Jap.lure co's.I have noticed they are made in Estonia? or assembled in Ireland and I don't know where else.Hope they don't let their quality slide cause I really like em.

slipperybob

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2011, 12:34 AM »
I too am not fond of the rapid price hike of Rapala lures.  $6 is the typical sale price of a floating minnow and they're usually priced up to $10+ for anything size 11 or larger.  When it gets to be that expensive, it makes those expensive lures that are typically priced $15+ not too much more expensive.  When you find them on sale down to about $10+, it's fair pricing.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Stonecat

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 06:50 AM »
I have always been a diehard Rapala guy since i was a little kid and now i might be looking elsewhere.Has anybody esle been having this happen to their rapala lures(original floaters only)? These are two differnt lures from two differnt places.First picture lure is two weeks old, second picture was a brand new one after a few dozen casts, maybe a bad batch. I've sent rapala two emails this afternoon reguarding this problem, I'll post their response if i get one.

Have you heard anything from Rap. on this?

one last cast

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:22 AM »
still no word from Rapala. the lure i the second photo, after another outing the plastic lip had fallen off. really disappointed about the quality of these two lures and also with no response from them. >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.